Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

MAGIC JACK

New Poster

MAGIC JACK

I've already spoken to Comcast about the issue , but they could not provide me with an answer and I know that I'm not the only one in the world that has run into this problem with the Magic Jack device and installation on Comcast internet modem setups . When you're installing Magic Jack , be sure to check the option on the Magic Jack's site that you would like to receive both incoming and outgoing calls . I hope this helps . Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Re: MAGIC JACK

Edit

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Because the Xfinity router is clearly at fault?

You must first change the network IP's from 10.0.0.x to 192.168.0.x (or just anything else).

You then have to assign a static ip to the magic jack within that range.

You then have to add it the DMZ addresses.

Then you have to reboot both devices. 10 seconds won't do, give them a full 2 minutes.

Contributor

sheesh andrew you jerk

New Poster

Wow.  Really Andrew?  You work for this company?  That's not an answer.
Tech support should support all issues if Comcast is involved - even if it involves working with the competition's equipment.  Why?  Because that is what customer service is all about.
If you were my employee you'd be out of a job for making a remark like that to a customer.  Even if you thought it might be entertaining, it wasn't. 

Contributor

i see he edited his first response -_-

Regular Visitor

I can't even connect to Magic Jack's website with Comcast.  I can connect just fine on my cell phone's mobile connection.  

New Poster

I have the same issue, I can use my cell but have not been able to connect magicjack to the internet I have been trying for 2 weeks and nothing all I get is error 404, any Ideas?

New Poster

Good Lord, Settings should be Universal such as Verizon, AT&T etc., etc., I spent 3 days trying to reset my System, new install. Intial tech could not make it work so I after all this frustration I decided to go back to U-verse; all equipment is accepted on their Internet almost at Plug n Play level. It's to bad but I really wanted to switch to Comcast for the TV and Faster Internet. It just soured my Experience with the System.

New Poster

I'm surprised anyone is having such trouble.  I guess it is because you have Comcasts modem but I bought mine from Walmart so I would not have to pay a monthly fee to use Comcast's modem.  I recently switched from AT&T to Xfinity and plugged my ethernet cable into the modem and had instant dial tone. 

New Poster

I have the same issue since 3 to 4 weeks ago my Magicjack is unable to make receive calls. I talk to Comcast 1st level tech support an they told me It was the router. I wonder how was working before for more then 4 years? I forward ports 5060 and 5070 on the router but ports still blocked with the test that magicjack support indicated to me. Comcast told me that they can not help because the do not control the router. Sound to me they ar puching for router rent.

Any other sugestion?

Tags (2)