Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Low Volume on Home Phone on Outgoing Calls

New Poster

Low Volume on Home Phone on Outgoing Calls

I called home (a land line) from my cellular phone this afternoon from two different locations. I found it very hard to hear my wife, whereas she could hear me just fine. Earlier in the day, I could hear her just fine. It does not seem to be the handset settings that are causing the problem. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Cable Expert

Re: Low Volume on Home Phone on Outgoing Calls

Always start any troubleshooting issues by resetting  the eMTA telephony modem by pressing the small recessed button on the back panel where the cables connect, you will need a toothpick or some poker to press the indented button. Next step is by trying a known good wired phone directly to the eMTA telephony modem L1/L2 jack and give it a good test.

After confirming the wired phone still has issues, please contact Comcast support and they can do a health check on the eMTA and your signals, then the rep will determine the next step to take.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

---

Sorry about the inconveniences you are having. Did the steps mentioned above work for you?

You modem looks good on my end. If you are still having these issues please let me know so that I can take further troubleshooting steps with you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

The volume of voices on Xfinity voice is very low, and thus, very difficult to hear callers.  I've tried "rebooting" the modem as described about but there was no improvement.  My phone has a volume boost feature but it really doesn't increase the volume much.  

Is there a way to increase the volume of incoming calls??  Thanks.

Regular Contributor

If plugging a working phone into the modem  does not fix the problem, you might want to replace the phone cord going from the phone to the modem.  You might want to call Comcast and tell them the issue you are having.  They should be able to run tests on your line and modem.  You might not be getting a strong enough signal or your modem might be going bad.  I do not have a problem like this on my Comcast telephone.