Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Long Distant calls dropping

New Poster

Long Distant calls dropping

I have been having problems with Comcast phone for over 4 months.  Always on long distant calls.  It seems the system "times out" where I will be talking and the party at the other end can hear me but I can't hear them.  I have called Comcast every time I have had this issue and no one there can help.  They sent a repairman out last week who changed the modem and all the connections.  I am still experiencing the same issue.  Never in 32 years having Qwest/Century Link did I have this problem.  I am wondering why I changed.  They are sending another tech out Saturday but I think Comcast needs to bump this issue up a few more levels.  I had issues with Internet after adding the phone and after a month of calling repeatedly, and after them bumping it up a few levels, they finally got it fixed.

New Poster

Re: Long Distant calls dropping

I, too, have had long distant calling problems. I call the same # with my AT&T line, no problem, but with the Comcast line, it does not connect and finally says "All circuits are busy!" No one at Comcast can seem to help! I am wondering why I switched phone services, as no one knows the problem, much less how to fix it.

New Poster

Re: Long Distant calls dropping

We have been having problems with static on the lines of people we call long distance. Now the people we call have intermittent times when they can't hear us. In addition, we lost our video on demand service last week for a day and we have  internet service disruptions several times a day that require rebooting my VPN. We have had two service techs out and have made a total of 4 calls to Comcast about these problems. The service techs indicate that there are no problems with the lines in the house - (I thought they were very professional by the way). The problem is that there is a very weak signal on the line coming into the house from the outside pole. Comcast has repeatedly said that they would fix the line and would notify us when they did. So far - nothing has happened