Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Local Phone Books

New Poster

Local Phone Books

Does comcast have phone directories? I just moved to the area and this might be a stupid question, but I have always had regular phone service like verizon and they send you phone books. Thanks
Contributor

Re: Local Phone Books

VTmason wrote:
Does comcast have phone directories? I just moved to the area and this might be a stupid question, but I have always had regular phone service like verizon and they send you phone books. Thanks

You might find, like I did, that your old phone company will still send out the directories to you.  I've had Comcast for about 2 years now and  AT&T still sends directories to me every year...

reesecups
Contributor

Umm...

How do you get a local phone book any ways? I just sign up for Comcast and I need a "local" phone book.

When I sign up for Bellsouth(AT&T) or Embarq, the new phone book will be in my mail box or door step in about 2 weeks, but so far I receive nothing from Comcast......

Regular Contributor

Interesting question ...
I've had Vonage for about a year, and did not realize the white pages phone book directory I have from the old telco is over a year old. But, I just received a new yellow pages a few days ago! Apparently, the merchants in the yellow pages don't care who the phone provider is. Tell the truth, I did not miss the directories, and did not even realize my white pages were out of date until I read your post.
If I locate a current white pages, it will be interesting to see if my phone is listed. Since I am no longer a customer, would the publisher include my number in the listings, or do I now have an unlisted number as far as the local telco is concerned?

Message Edited by Blue_Two on 09-10-2007 01:03 PM
Frequent Visitor

About a month after I switched from verizon to CDV I received a phone book from Verizon
Contributor

Hello VTmason and Benny_is Kool,

Thanks to the both of you for your posts. These are excellent questions that many people find confusing.

Unfortunately, Comcast does not publish the phone book in either one of your local markets so, in order to request a phone book please contact us—or email me directly—and ask for information (or the contact number) regarding phone book orders. Any agent should be able to give you the information that you need.

Regards,

Jay

Message Edited by Moderator_Jay on 09-12-2007 08:54 AM
Contributor

Moderator_Jay wrote:

Hello VTmason and Benny_is Kool,

Thanks to the both of you for your posts. These are excellent questions that many people find confusing.

Unfortunately, Comcast does not publish the phone book in either one of your local markets so, in order to request a phone book please contact us—or email me directly—and ask for information (or the contact number) regarding phone book orders. Any agent should be able to give you the information that you need.

Regards,

Jay

Comcast customer service so far is not that great!

It took Comcast 4 tries to trying get me a local yellow page and phone book, at the end Bellsouth(AT&T) help me...... maybe is a bad idea to switch to Comcast...hehe

Comcast services is great but customer service NEED IMPROVEMENT some rep are so rude!

1st - Comcast tell me to press "0", that got me to 911!! holy **bleep**!...Comcast say they will fix this issue, don't if they have done that yet...

2nd - Comcast say they will call me back, WHICH they never did.....

3rd - Comcast tell me to call 1-866-732-6500 and that got me to "Verizon conferencing"...

4th - Comcast tell me to call 1-800-745-8720 or and that got me to AT&T, which they can't help me! Comcast also give me this number to try... 1-800-343-7390 that got me to online yellow page customer service.... which again they can't help me!

Contributor

Good morning, Benny_is_KOOL,

Thanks for your post. I apologize that you were given the incorrect phone number. I did some research, and found that the only telephone number we had available was an out-of date-number. I’m going to escalate this error to the proper department for correction; however, please understand that Comcast Digital Voice does not print and produce phone directories. We simply try to provide customers with the contact information for the companies that do provide this service as a courtesy.

As I stated before, I do apologize for the misinformation you received, and please keep an eye out for a message from me with an updated phone number.

Regards,

Jay