Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Listening to messages online

Frequent Visitor

Listening to messages online

It used to be I could listen to a voice message directly on the web interface.  Now - the only option seems to be to download the message first!   I don't want to be downloading all my voice messages!

Is this really the new normal?   Unfortunately, there is never anyone at Comcast who will answer this type question. 

Service Expert

Re: Listening to messages online

moonscape50 wrote:

It used to be I could listen to a voice message directly on the web interface.  Now - the only option seems to be to download the message first!   I don't want to be downloading all my voice messages!

Is this really the new normal?   Unfortunately, there is never anyone at Comcast who will answer this type question. 

I haven't used the Web Interface for months....

I have all of my VM's sent to an email address already in text format....

Easier to read then than to download a sound file....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Listening to messages online

I do too Ray, but voice transcription is not reliable.   Sometimes it can't transcribe or transcribes wrongly.   For example just this morning, a message from a friend saying he was just 'getting ready to order to voting' when he was 'getting ready to order a Tivo' - this sort of thing is extremely common with my messages.   I need to listen to at least half of them.