Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

List of BLocked Numbers?

Contributor

List of BLocked Numbers?

As far as I can see you can add numbers to the Blocked List but I can't see where you can view the numbers blocked. If you get to the max of 12 and have to delete one how will you know which you'd like to delete?

If you are really knowledgable maybe you can answer this one. When I am looking at the online manager and I am seeing the list of MISSED CALLS. They have their check boxes. Well some, not all, I'd like to delete but when I check say for instance 5 out of 10 present I see no DELETE option.  IF I click on TRASH they all disappear and then I have to restore them all and and I'm back to square one. How do you delete just a few out of the list? 

Thanks! jack  ":-D

Contributor

Re: List of BLocked Numbers?

Similar situation, but the opposite problem; I accidentally blocked a couple of phone numbers that I shouldn't have, so how do I "unblock" them so I can receive their calls?

Contributor

grayreb: I just returned myself, prompted by your question to the Voicemail part of my account. Clicking through to the Voicemail>Preferences

There I clicked EDIT on the CALL BLOCKING from the 4 choices presented there. It opened and both numbers I have blocked were shown with and X to the right of them. Click on that X and the number will be taken off the blocked list. 

Hope this helps. If I have not been clear let me know. Also, one small thing. I use Chrome Broswer. The reason I added that is one time I found an webmail feature on one browser that was not available on another browser. It's a small thing but if you are not using Chrome and you don't see all your Blocked numbers try another browser.  You could flush your cache and temp files and restart. I noted last night both numbers were not showing. Today they are??? So all I know is it might take time for all numbers to show or it might take a restart. Nothing can hurt .. all could help.  Hey ... let me know!  jack  ":-D

Contributor

Jack...just found your response to my question re "how to unblock a phone number". I just went into "voice mail" and it says it's unavailable, so I may not have the option to "unblock" it. When we called Comcast a few months ago, we asked that our calls go directly to our answering machine, NOT voicemail, so that's probably the reason. But, thanks anyway.

Regular Visitor

Somehow I accidently blocked my cell phone from being able to call home.  Now when I call, I get a message that we're not accepting calls from this number.  I know I did not do that online, so must have happened when I tried to do a call forward and accidently hit the wrong keys.  Anyway, trying to figure out how to undo that.  

When I go on-line, and log in, then go to voice prreferences, I get the screen with my phone number in the upper left under the Voice Preferences header, but the 4 lines, (Readable Voicemail Notifications, Call Forwarding and Rings, Call Blocking and Checking Voicemail) just show "loading" which spins forever.  I've waited over 15 minutes and it nev...