Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Landlines get a busy signal when calling me....

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Landlines get a busy signal when calling me....

But, cell phones come through just fine.

I know my area has some weather related issues right now, 

but this issue I'm having seems quite odd. 

Will this issue be resolved soon? 

It started last night around 9pm

Accepted Solution

Re: Landlines get a busy signal when calling me...

This has been resolved, took a day or two but now fixed.

View answer in context
New Poster

same exact thing happening to our account.

New Poster

I have an issue where I can call out but all in coming calls receive a fast busy signal. 

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Is there an ETA of when this will be fixed?
Regular Contributor

Has this problem been corrected yet?

Frequent Visitor

This has been resolved, took a day or two but now fixed.

Frequent Visitor

Hi!  Well, several days now starting 6/20, we cannot receive incoming calls on our landline.  I can make OUTGOING calls, though.  Incoming calls seem to be cut off after 3 seconds.   I have tried resetting the modem.  There are two lights, TV one and TV two - do they both need to be turned on to work? i.e., incoming calls and outgoing calls?

Frequent Visitor

CAG44, on my modum only Tele one is lit up...

I'm not sure if Tele 2 is for fax or what, since we don't have fax capability here.

Comcast sure is slow on answering our questions tho...

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for that info..I won't worry about that issue.  The self-help info (yikes) suggested attaching a phone directly to the box.  Same issue, can't get calls in but can call out.  Maybe telemarketers are upset with me since I never answer their calls anyway LOL.  I am thinking I need a replacement unit.   Anybody try that? 

Frequent Visitor

Patcat - how was the issue resolved?

Official Employee
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure what Comcast did, but my sister kept trying to call me from her landline and finally got a ring tone... instead of the busy signal she kept getting for days. That's how I knew it was fixed.

Very strange how cell phones could call me but not landlines.

Frequent Visitor

Good for you, but I don't want to rely on the grace of the phone gods to decide when I can get incoming calls again.  I will have some friends try dialing me from their land line to see if that clears the problem.  I was calling my land line from my cell and it just never went through....just ends the call after 3 seconds.  Literally 3 seconds.   But thanks for that idea!~

Frequent Visitor

So...35 minutes with Ronald on the comcast "chat" forum...Now it looks like MAYBE our phones are the problem???  So we are going to unplug everything tonight and try a new phone to see if that works.  Gosh, maybe I hope it doesn't.....it's been heaven to frustrate all the telemarketers that somehow get past the infamous "do not call" government listing site. Will get you guys updated! 

Frequent Visitor

If it's your phones, as in plural, I would suspect something is amuck with the connection coming to your home.

I'm certainly no expert on this but to have ALL phones in your house being the problem?...seems odd, more likely a wire

Comcast put a booster on our house a few years back, due to "some" of our cable channels showing a wavey screen.

Ever since that was installed, I've also noticed less static on our landlines.

Just something to consider before you go out and buy all new phones.

Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

Hey Patcat!  Thanks for that tip. So far, we  unplugged ALL our phones, and plugged ONE into the Tel1 on the back of the modem, and success - we get  inbound calls.  BUT....bad luck....that may mean like you suggested, that we have a wiring problem somewhere inside our 104 year old house......gee!    So over the next few days we will be trying different things out I guess, so if anyone out there has any suggestions, (even if they sound stupid) let me have them! 

On a different note....I got a call from the tech people at comcast, it was automated and said," if you have time to talk to a tech now, please press "1".  So I did, and it rang for about 20 times and then the line went dead.  (this was from my cell phone)  So I GUESS THE TECH DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO TALK To ME!

Thanks everyone for any assistance or advice!

New Poster

I have had no landline for 4 days.  No calls in, no calls out.  Busy signal as soon as I pick up the phone.  I don't think I can even call 911.  That is one of the reasons I have a landline.  Getting ready to quit Comcast because the customer service reps that I have not helped me troubleshoot at all.  They have kept transferring my call around and putting me on hold.  I politely asked to speak to a supervisor, and they put me on hold then came back and said they were all busy.  They promised me they would call me back so I wait. . . . . . .Can't seem to get anyone who really cares about this issue.  May just drop a landline altogether if this is what I have to deal with.  I can also live without Cable.  Just like to have wi-fi access. Anyone else feeling this way?

Service Expert

nolandlinehell1 wrote:

I have had no landline for 4 days.  No calls in, no calls out.  Busy signal as soon as I pick up the phone.  I don't think I can even call 911.  That is one of the reasons I have a landline.  Getting ready to quit Comcast because the customer service reps that I have not helped me troubleshoot at all.  They have kept transferring my call around and putting me on hold.  I politely asked to speak to a supervisor, and they put me on hold then came back and said they were all busy.  They promised me they would call me back so I wait. . . . . . .Can't seem to get anyone who really cares about this issue.  May just drop a landline altogether if this is what I have to deal with.  I can also live without Cable.  Just like to have wi-fi access. Anyone else feeling this way?

YOur post did not state the troubleshooting steps taken, so I am asking if you disconeccetd all power from the modem ( remove it from the 120volt outlet )....  remove the battery backup if it is installed,   let sit for 30 seconds....     Restore 120volt power, restore battery backup if installed, then allow 5-10 minutes for modem to reinitialize with the network....

If the abovce doesn't restore service, you need to have that modem inspected and ensure it is provisioned correctly....

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon