Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Landline disconnected, Xfinity voice not working

New Poster

Landline disconnected, Xfinity voice not working

I just upgraded to the Xfinity triple play, and my internet and cable work fine, but now my phone has no dial tone. How long until the phone is connected? Is there something I am supposed to do to make this happen?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Landline disconnected, Xfinity voice not worki

Welcome to the club. I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Using my cell I kept calling my home phone until one day my phone was answered by comcast answering machine, but still no dial tone at the house. Took 3 more calls to customer service, and 2 days later before they admitted the problem was on their end. Phone now works great but still have problems accessing features on PC.

Good luck, and don't expect any refund for the time your service was down.

Official Employee

Hello 

My apologies for the troubles you've had with your Digital Voice service. I looked into your account and found several issues. The most important of which is the fact that the modem you own does not have support for telephony, according to the list of features listed on your device when I pulled this info on our end.

You can do two things:

1. Purchase a newer modem that has telephony capabilities, you can find info about that here:

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

2. Visit one of our Xfinity Service Center to lease one our Wireless Gateways that support both WiFi and Telephony.

Everything on the account side is correct now, I've taken care of that part, so you shouldn't have any issues when you activate the modem.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I'd be happy to help. 

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Comcast George,

If Steph T signed up for the tripple play package, at what point would Comcast tell him that he did not have the proper equipment. Surely his billing will reflect the upgrade on the day he signed up. And Comcast has the ability to see what type of modem is connected on his end. From what I can see from reading this, and many other posts, is that Comcast's main priority is selling upgraded packages with little concern about customer satisfaction. The Sales dept realy needs to act hand and hand with the tech deprtment to improve customer satisfaction. Unless nobody realy cares about customer satisfaction?

Official Employee

Hello 

I definetly agree with the fact that somewhere along the upgrade process, the salesperson should have made sure 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am not receiving calls. Everyone is getting a message that extension 1109 is b. usy