Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Landline, Digital Voice Not Needed

New Poster

Landline, Digital Voice Not Needed

I have comcast digital voice as well as comcast internet. I was wondering if I could cancel the landline service and keep the internet. Phone line is connected to internet moderm. Paying for a landline phone is really not needed, have three cell phones in the house. 

Cable Expert

Re: Landline, Digital Voice Not Needed

Yes, you can cancel your CDV phone at anytme as long as you are not locked into any contract.  Most subscribers won't be on a contract unless they received some kind of higher cost gift like a Visa prepaid card, netbook, or any of the expensive goodies some subs received for signing up on a Triple Play promotion.

Most subscribers are not in that situation and many think they are on a contract when in fact they are only on some kind of guaranteed rate for 12 or 24 months.

Please call 1800COMCAST for your cancelation, it can not be done online.  The CSR can work on keeping your remaining services on the best price plan for your situation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Landline, Digital Voice Not Needed

Thanks you've been a big help! I know I'm not locked into any contract or triple play. I just don't want to keep paying for a phone that's mostly never used. Like previously stated have three phones and always picking up the cell instead of the landline. I really enjoyed the landline service, just don't have a need for it. The wireless internet is the best. Thanks for your help!