New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Lack of Caller ID Notifications

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Lack of Caller ID Notifications

Why is it that your technicians couldn't have told me over the phone that the reason I wasn't getting caller ID notifications on my TV, was that I don't have an 'X1' cable box.  Instead I was set up with a service appointment which turned out not to be necessary when the technician on the way called me enroute to point out the problem.  What an incredibly inefficient operation!  I'd better not be charged for a service call for this, or I'll mostly likely be taking my business elsewhere.  This was a total waste of my time, and I'm really ticked off about it!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Lack of Caller ID Notifications

To get help, your best option is to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com). You can also ask for help via Twitter (@ComcastCares), Facebook or the Comcast Direct Forum.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

You don't need x1 to get caller id on your tv.

Frequent Visitor

So why then did the techncian who was on the way say I did need "X1", then?  So his service call was called off for nothing?   This makes me even madder!!!

Regular Contributor

Have you tried the menu for your cable box?   Menu-interactive services-notifications- caller ID-ON

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I did that before I called customer service.  That's not the issue.

Cable Expert

To get help, your best option is to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com). You can also ask for help via Twitter (@ComcastCares), Facebook or the Comcast Direct Forum.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'll try there.  Hopefully they'll be more helpful than your standard tech support line.  Contact with the latter has yielded nothing but frustration!

Frequent Visitor

The problem has been resolved.  As you suggested I did contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service.  Ultimately the issue was bumped up to their national service center, who resolved the problem.  Thanks for the excellent advice!

New Poster

You're absolutely right. These Comcast people are idiots. Besides not knowing what they are doing, they rarely honor their commitments.

New Poster

You didn't mention what the fix was?

Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure exactly what they did.  They just said they cleared out some back-end stuff.

New Poster

Thanks, guess I'll have to call then.