Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Keeping my old Phone number, How to?

New Poster

Keeping my old Phone number, How to?

Where can I find instructions to request my previous phone number be ported to Comcast?

I have spent serious time over the last few days looking for a link to request a previous number that has recently been ported to another carrier back to Comcast and can find nothing to help me.

Cable Expert

Re: Keeping my old Phone number, How to?

There are no instructions, it's all handled by the Comcast support agents when the order is placed.  You will have to call Comcast support and get it done.

1-800-266-2278

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I disagree that it is that simple.  As I write this I am waiting on a cell phone to find out why I still do not have phone service after three weeks.  The porting is a nightmare.  It took two weeks for me to be told I had to call the porting office and the person I spoke with made it clear it was my fault for not doing all the work.  Comcast is a large corporation and its departments do not speak with one another.  The customer should not have to do all the work.  I could  not be more angry and disappointed.  On top of this, not once did anyone call me back as they said they would...oh yes, they couldn't...I don't have phone service. 

Any problem with a customer should have been resolved within days.  If the online or phone assistance is not getting the job done, you should have sent a representative.

I will be cancelling all services with Comcast.  This is no way to run a business!

Frequent Visitor

I had no problem. When I switched from Verizon, Comcast asked me if I wanted to keep the same number.