Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Just wanna block one number here

New Poster

Just wanna block one number here

Why is it this one simple little thing is so hard to find amongst all the info on this site? I just want to block a phone number from calling and calling. Its probably a telemarketer. I cannot find FAQ that doesn't include the obvious call blocking stuff that we all know how to do already!! Why is this so hard to find and how do I do it...this is frustrating to say the least!
Gold Problem Solver
New Poster

Re: Just wanna block one number here

I just have to say how ridiculous this is.  The two links you provided are nothing new!  I understand how to block annoymous calls.  I know how to screen calls.  I will repeat.  I would like to block A phone number (ONE PHONE NUMBER) and I don't care about anything else.  I don't want this ONE particular phone number to even come up on my caller ID.  I understand everything else.  I'm not interested in wading through a bunch of info that doesn't apply and is only wastning my time.

Gold Problem Solver

Strumpet123 wrote: ... I would like to block A phone number (ONE PHONE NUMBER) ...

Comcast calls that "Call Screening". The links posted tell you how to use it.

... I don't want this ONE particular phone number to even come up on my caller ID. ...

Don't think you can do that.

New Poster

With all the bells and whistles of the great and mighty Comcast and I cannot block a phone number, send a call rejected message automatically, nothing, to let the caller know that their number needs  to stop calling mine?  I don't get it.  Telling me it's not possible doesn't make sense.  There's a reason.  I just don't know what is it YET.

New Poster

Just want you to know you are not alone. We are attempting to do the same thing blocking out a terrible recorded telemarketer who calls all hours of the night and day.  when we answer and tell them to remove us, they hang up.  The return number starts with a V so it should be realtively easy to block.  BUT NOT WITH COMCAST evidently.  How much do we pay for this crummy service monthly?

New Poster

My bill is over $200 a month and I'm bundled to death with 75% of the beills and whistles - I don't even use and the whole thing is shameful.  Not happy and totally frustrated with corporate america!

New Poster

You'd think with all the money comcast is collecting they'd be a bit more customer oriented but they're all about revising xfinity to collect more money & more money & more money.  Their attitude is 'to the devil with customers, make'em pay.'

New Poster

How about a "quick list" of features we can't have. It'd sure cut down on all their mailers and website apps and stuff...

New Poster

Dial in *60, and follow the directions, you can add, review and take off numbers. Blocks one number from calling your phone all the time. you can add numbers or remove numbers. You can also google the national do not call  list, and add your phone numbers online to the federal site. it takes about 2 days. if you already have, after so many years you have to renew it. That solved most of my problems.

Gold Problem Solver

Debstar1962 wrote:. ... the national do not call  list ... after so many years you have to renew it. ...

https://www.donotcall.gov/ says:

Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008. Read more about it at http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/04/dncfyi.shtm
Contributor

I have taken this issue as far as it is possible. Bottom line is Comcast will do nothing because of all the money telemarketers give them. I was told after having the problem escalated to a third level that "There is nothing we can do."  When I started looking for who the owner of the offending number, thats when I found out that certain special telemarketers are allowed to bypass Comcast's call blocking. Now they give telemarketers special numbers like 1-111-1111, or Pri-vate, and there is no way to block them, according to Comcast. Your only choice is is to get rid of VOIP phone service.

Regular Contributor

It cost a $100 but worth it. Get a call blocker! You can do all that and more.

Frequent Visitor

The feature you are looking for is called Selective Call Rejection aka Call Screening. Dial *60

Regular Contributor

That doesn't work for the unknow numbers or out of area that Comcast  allows.