Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Jake_Jacobson

New Poster

Jake_Jacobson

All my phones say "New Voice Mail". I went to my preferences at Xfinity.com using my PC ands made sure there were no new or old messages showing anywhere. I also disconnected by phone modem to see if that would help, it did not.

PS. I tried to use my ipad to go to xfinity.com and found when you select "voice" it takes you to "email" I tried this dozens of times, Someone needs to fix that also.The menus are not the same when on mobile vs. PC web pages..

Thanks...

Jake

Service Expert

Re: Jake_Jacobson

jake_jacobson wrote:

All my phones say "New Voice Mail". I went to my preferences at Xfinity.com using my PC ands made sure there were no new or old messages showing anywhere. I also disconnected by phone modem to see if that would help, it did not.

PS. I tried to use my ipad to go to xfinity.com and found when you select "voice" it takes you to "email" I tried this dozens of times, Someone needs to fix that also.The menus are not the same when on mobile vs. PC web pages..

Thanks...

Jake

Some model phones allow you to delete Mail Message indicators within the phone's settings.  Some model phones also show New Message for a missed call.  

You "may" be experiencing the "phantom"  Message Wait Indicator.

1.  From a different phone, call your home number and leave your self a VM.

2.  From your home phone, retrieve the VM and delete it.

3.  See if this clears the indicator.

Post back if this was successful.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jake_Jacobson

If what @geek46 does not work, try power-cyling the modem.  In most cases will force the indicator to be refresh but should be used as a last resort. If it continues after this, then this will usually be escalated to a tier 2 agent for resolution. I made a correction on our end that should have cleared up this for you. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon