Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Issues that make me crazy as a former Vonage Customer switching to CDV.

Frequent Visitor

Issues that make me crazy as a former Vonage Customer switching to CDV.

I would like to see simple features that are standard on other services added, for example: 

1)   If I am in area code 847, only 7 number dialing is required to dial an 847 area code phone number

2)   All numbers that are received and can playback correctly with *69, can be dialed back using the callback feature of *69 irregardless if from a cell phone, or land line.   (Currently cell phones (and many other calls) cannot be dialed back.)

3)  When playing back messages on CDV voicemail, I would like to delete in the middle of a long-winded caller, without being forced to listen to an entire message, before being able to delete the message.

4)  Option to actually sending the .WAV attachment to an email alert, instead of having to go onto the website to retreive the actual message.

5)  More forwarding options:
     A)  Simultaneous Ring (home & cell  - my favorite Vonage option)
       Forward to another # after X seconds (another favorite Vonage option)

It seems that Comcast is very slow to implement features that are industry standards for most other online carriers.

These are my major ones, even fixing a few will keep me and others from moving to other online providers.

CPUjohn
Northern, Illinois

Message Edited by CPUjohn525 on 08-15-2008 08:59 PM
Connection Expert

Re: Issues that make me crazy as a former Vonage Customer switching to CDV.

For number 1 that is already a feature ,if not working call comcast
for number 2 use caller id to call back
for number 3 with phone push 7 ,7

for number 4 not yet but you can dial *99.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Issues that make me crazy as a former Vonage C

I have a need to use call forwarding when a call comes in to my home (Comcast) number and no one answers it after 5 rings to have it forwarded to my cell phone. I had one Comcast Rep tell me that after she cancels my voicemail, then it will work. Yeh, when the voicemail was cancelled, calls to my home number were IMMEDIATELY forwarded to my cell phone. So after spending a hour with the Comcast rep yesterday, I am back at square one. To restate my need, I want calls forwarded to my cell phone only AFTER the home (Comcast) number rings 5 times. If they can do this with voicemail, why can't they do it with call forwarding?

This is very similar to what was requested three years ago. Shame on you Comcast!!!!!!!!!!!

Email Expert

Re: Issues that make me crazy as a former Vonage C

jjbeck, please edit your post and remove your email address. See the guideline at the top of the forum regarding posting personal information.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon