Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Issues Porting My Number from AT&T to Comcast

Frequent Visitor

Issues Porting My Number from AT&T to Comcast

The porting issue is absolutely crazy.  I place my order to port my number over from AT&T on August 24.  My cable and internet worked the next day.  It is now October 20 and my number is still not ported.  I have made call after to call to both companies.  It is totally maddening.  At this point I need to figure out what to do.  If I turn off my Comcast service I was warned that I could lose the phone number that I want to keep but I refuse to keep paying for two phone lines. 

As background.  I did not move, same location so it is not a different geographic area issue.  I have contacted AT&T and every conceivable department in Comcast. 

Service Expert

Re: Issues Porting My Number from AT&T to Comc

Send an email to

Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Or you can ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

The we_can_help team will get the right people involved and hopefully get this solved quickly.

FYI: According to the FCC

The Porting Period

The FCC has changed its number porting rules to shorten the porting period for “simple” ports from the current four days to one business day. The new deadline applies to all simple ports, including “intermodal” ports such as wireline to wireless, wireless to wireline, wireline or wireless to VoIP or any other combination. Simple ports generally do not involve more than one line or more complex adjustments to telephone switching equipment. Wireline, wireless and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers are required to meet this new, simple port deadline, which will take effect in late summer 2010 for most carriers. Small, rural carriers have a longer period, until the beginning of 2011, to meet the new porting deadline.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/portability-keeping-your-phone-number-when-changing-service-providers

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you.  Let's see if I am able to resolve this or hear from anyone.  Appreciate the help.

Problem Solver

--

Sorry about the issues you are experiencing. Your issue has been escalated 10/21/11 and someone will contact you soon.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-