Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Issue trying to port my Vonage #

Regular Contributor

Issue trying to port my Vonage #

I am trying to port my vonage number to CDV. The number originally came from Vonage not ported from anywhere else.

I was on the phone for 2 weeks after each time they kept saying it wouldn't accept the order.

Finally found some one that was able to talk to the correct people and got it working had a date setup. Well they call 3 days before and say oh we need to reschedule. Well I couldn't make 2 of the days that had which was 2 weeks out so I had to do the next best option which was a month.

My install is set for tomorrow and I just get a call yet again saying install isn't going to happen because Comcast messed up on the porting process and it has to manually be done. This lady that has no clue says oh it won't be a month probably 1 to 2 weeks. Comes back from being on hold and says first option is end of october. I said if that's the service I can expect with CDV then you better cancel I am not going to keep playing games. Either figure out how to port the number or just say you can't.

Supposedly I am getting a call back.

Anyone ever heard of this or had similar issues?

At this point I am ready to just cancel the entire service I can't keep changing my schedule around to be home for this.  Can any comcast rep's look into this for me.
Email Expert

Re: Issue trying to port my Vonage #

See this post where the moderator says it can take 30 days to port a number from another VOIP provider.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I believe I am past the 30 days already.  The first reschedule was some how a **bleep** up on Comcast's part.  The CDV install dept. called me 1 week after I placed the order saying they didn't have down who my number was being ported from.  I don't know how many times it was stated by both myself and the rep taking the order it was Vonage.  So that was the first **bleep** up.  The 2nd one was vonage and that's when I got someone who said they could come do the install and issue a temp number in the mean time.  So that happened last friday and now I am supposedly 7 to 9 business days away from Comcast being able to port my Vonage number.
Regular Contributor

Well CDV got installed on 9/29 with a temp number finally with some help from the forum here and a lady at comcast that knew what she was talking about.  Today my Vonage number finally ported over and everything is working.

Porting process is by no means easy when it comes to Vonage.  The majority of the wait was on Vonage but the rest did fall on Comcast people not marking things down with the initial install.  Also not explaining all the options to me but i think that's because not everyone really understands the CDV process or porting process.

I am up and running and it sounds clearer then Vonage does that'a already a plus.
New Poster

I am a Comcast business class customer.  Really upset with Vonage and Comcast.  It took 1.5 hours with the tech here today to get the number to show when you dial out.  Additionally it wont accept calls from cell phones.  I spoke with support and was told to call vonage now the line says the line is out of service when I call from a cell.  (Wonderful)  When I speak to customer care they tell me the ticket is closed.  I am ready to switch back to vonage and get Verizon DSL because I am extremely upset with Comcast.  This process has taken 5 hours of my valuable time without any resolution.  

New Poster

I have been trying for weeks to get Comcast to simply port my old number to my new house. They promise and promise calls back and nada. They put you on the phone with someone in Kentucky or Tennessee who barely understands what is going on and then your issue disappears in space as they claim to escalate it.

Such simple requests and they are bumbling fools!

New Poster

My problem was resolved today.  It took posting some bad reviews on the Vonage FaceBook Page which got someones attention at the top.  I got a call from someone claiming to be in the CEO's office and was told the problem would be resolved "not as fast as I would like" but resolved.

Within 1 hour of the projected 24-48 my phone was working.

New Poster

Do like I did call and call and request a supervisor and if that doesnt work ask for the supervisors supervisor.