Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is there anyway to block more then 12 numbers?????

New Poster

Is there anyway to block more then 12 numbers?????

Even if I have to pay for it....

Thanks...

Because I cannot stand it any longer-- My Phone starts ringing from about 7:00 AM until about 9:30 PM--

I have registered and re-registrered on the National Do not call list--- and It hasn't even slowed them down.

Its at a point where its harassement. There are days that I have to shut the ringers off on my phone.

If Not-- 

I CANNOT change my number--as I have Family in Israel and Italy and Canada--- and don't talk often but -- I still want them to have my number and its a pain in the rear to have to change it---

I have Just had Personal- Cards--(Business cards But without a business-- just your name and number

and whatever else you want on it...

BUT my Husband does get Business calls here at home...

AND that is another problem...its interfering with the calls we do want... we already had to have ComCast turn off call-waiting---I HATED HATED IT!! 

SOOOOO Please HELP ME.....Please

Cable Expert

Re: Is there anyway to block more then 12 numbers?

You can try one of the call blocker units out on the market that plugs into the phone line. Search for terms like TeleZapper or call blocker.

These send out a disconnect tone right when you pick up the phone or the answering machine pick's up.  It tells the automatic dialing equipment that your number is no longer in service and it eventually takes your number off their list.

It would also be worth it for you to have an unlisted number.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

My Number I believe is unlisted...

I am going to check out the zapper that you mentioned..

Thanks

Problem Solver

Duchesssammi---

Sorry about the issues that you are having. Call screening only allows 12 numbers to be blocked at this time. I have sent your request to my manager for feedback for more calls. You can submit your feedback request by going to http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx
if this link doesn't work simply go to www.comcast.com-select customers-contact us-select feedback.

Try turning on your anonymous call reject. By dialing *77 to activate.
Anonymous Call Rejection blocks all incoming calls from people who have deliberately blocked their caller ID, either using the Caller ID Block per Call feature (*67) or the Caller ID Block per Line feature.  Typically, their caller ID would show as “Anonymous,” “Private,” or “Private Caller.”  Those inbound callers will instead hear a message that the customer does not want to receive a call from any party that has blocked their caller ID.

The National Do Not Call Registry can limit the amount of telemarketing calls you receive. Most calls will stop, but there are some exceptions. Calls from political organizations, charities and surveys are still permitted, along with calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship.
You can register by going to www.donotcall.gov, or by calling 1-888-382-1222.

You can always take down information pertaining to this call, name of organization, their phone number and the head of the company's information and tell them to stop calling and removing your number from their database.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

Ooma premium allows you to block over 250 numbers plus have access to the community blacklist with hundreds of other black listed numbers.    www.ooma.com I use Comcast for my internet and TV but my phone is Ooma, Love It!

Cable Expert

I never give out my actual home phone number. I use a Google Voice number. It has managment tools that let you block, filter or screen callers. And it's free. Essentially you give ppl your Google Voice number, and the calls are forwarded to whatever phone number you like.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

Required for Goolge Voice,

A touch-tone phone, and these requirements on your computer:

Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, Mac, Linux                                                 

Web browser: IE6 & above, Firefox 3 & above, Safari 3 & above, Google Chrome

Flash 8 and above required

Required for Ooma,

High-speed fixed-line Internet connection (cable, DSL, fiber-optic)

256 Kbps upstream network speed (384 Kbps recommended)

Corded or cordless home phone

Intended for residential use only

Plus,

Ooma Core (no monthly fee required)

• Free US calling:Call anyone, anytime, anywhere in the U.S.
  • Phone number flexibility:Choose a new number anywhere in the U.S. or transfer an existing number for a one-time charge
  • Caller-ID:See the name and number of who is calling (caller-ID compatible phone required)
  • Call-waiting:Switch to a new incoming call when you are already on the line
  • Call-waiting caller-ID:See the name and number of a new incoming call before you switch over
  • Voicemail:Access your messages remotely from any phone or web browser
  • Voicemail notifications:Receive notifications via email or text when incoming messages arrive
  • Broadband Answering Machine:Listen to messages hands-free with the built-in speaker
  • Ooma Lounge:Hear messages and control your preferences online
  • Call logs:Check your calling history online; filter and sort to find the call you are looking for
  • Enhanced 911:Emergency personnel are automatically given your registered address when you dial 911 (subject to availability)
  • Free in-network calling:Call another Ooma customer anywhere in the world for free
  • Outbound caller name:Have your name show up when you call out (other party must have caller-ID with name feature)
  • Caller-ID blocking:Use *67/*82 to block or display your caller-ID/name for outgoing calls
  • Anonymous call blocking:Automatically block anonymous calls from ringing your phone
  • Call return:Return the last incoming call by dialing *69
  • Landline backup:Automatic fallback during power/Internet outages or 911 calls (requires basic landline to be plugged-in)
  • Prepaid international calling:Make low-cost international calls starting at only a penny per minute
  • Directory assistance:Make 411 calls at $0.99 per call
  • Warranty: One-year limited warranty

Ooma Premier (optional: $9.99/month or $119.99/year)

• Free number porting:Transfer an existing number for free with an annual subscription to Ooma Premier
  • Personal blacklist:Blacklist unwanted callers to prevent them from being able to reach you
  • Community blacklist: Harness the power of the Ooma community to block unwanted callers beforethey've tried to call you
  • Call forwarding:Forward your calls to your mobile phone when you are away from home
  • Multi-Ring:Simultaneously ring your Ooma number and your mobile phone, or any number you choose
  • Message screening:Screen your calls by listening in as a caller is leaving their message
  • Voicemail forwarding:Have your voicemail automatically forwarded to email
  • Instant Second Line:Make a second call even when someone else is on the phone (requires Ooma Scout)
  • Enhanced call-waiting:Answer an incoming call even when someone else is on the phone (requires Ooma Scout)
  • Three-way conferencing:Conference two lines together at a push of a button
  • Send to Voicemail:Transfer a call to voicemail at a touch of a button
  • Do Not Disturb:Transfer all incoming calls directly to voicemail at a touch of a button
  • Personal numbers:Select additional phone numbers in any calling area in the US
  • Directed ringing:Configure your personal number to only ring on your private extension (requires Ooma Scout)
  • Private voicemail:Create private voicemail and Lounge accounts dedicated to a personal number (requires Ooma Scout)
  • Distinctive ringing: Control the ring pattern based on a personal number

I'll keep my Ooma Smiley Happy