Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is there any way to block an 800 number?

Regular Contributor

Is there any way to block an 800 number?

I am totally begging here.  I really need an 800 number blocked.  I'm being harassed by a really bad debt collection company.  I already informed them that I'm going to be doing a bankruptcy very shortly and I gave them my attorney's phone number, but they still won't stop calling me.  They wouldn't even identify what company they were from, I had to find out by doing a search on their phone number from my records.    I thought the law was that once you give them your attorney's number, they are no longer allowed to call you.  All I know is, they won't quit, and all they are doing is pushing me into doing the bankruptcy that much faster, which makes their calls stupid and useless.
Email Expert

Re: Is there any way to block an 800 number?

It doesn't look like you can block these. There have been a number of threads already where people reported that when they try, it tells them it's an invalid number.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

YES  Today with the bad economy people losing there jobs you can put an immediate stop to these collectors go to the Federal trade commission  web page And file a complaint. I guarantee you you will not hear from that collector again. Its a good idea to get an answering machine turn the sound all the way down. And don't answer, Later you can see who is calling. Bill collectors for the most part do things illegally because they think the average consumer is scared And unknowing of the laws 

Connection Expert

What does your Attourney say?   Can you sue the Collection Company for enough money to cover your Attourneys fees for the bankruptcy?

Did you browse to donotcall.gov and block them there?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Contributor

donotcall.gov does NOT work on collection agencies.  Everyone thinks it does and it doesn't.    It also doesn't work on Survey's, Non Profits, and anyone else who would like to bother you with stupid things.  So far, they have stopped calling.  I think my attorney threatened to sue them.  And I'm finally going to bankruptcy court this month, so that should hopefully end it.  But we should be able to block any calls we don't want anytime we want to block them.  It's our phone, we pay for it, and if we don't want to be called, we shouldn't have to be. 

Problem Solver

Of course you DO have the option to not answer any number you don't recognize on the caller ID.  It took me a long time to get over the urge to want to answer any call no matter who it was from.  It took 50 years to learn that behavior so it took a while to unlearn it. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

When you are waiting for an important call, like from your doctor, you can't just not answer the phone.  And that's when they have gotten me.  Usually when I'm waiting on test results and calls back from the doctor's office.

Connection Expert

Might try a Police Whistle.  You ccould blow it vigorously into the phone mouthpiecce.  Might not stop the calls but might provide some satisfaction

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon