Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is Puerto Rico considered a long distance phone call?

Frequent Visitor

Is Puerto Rico considered a long distance phone call?

Hello,

I would love to call my father he lives in Puerto Rico. With Magic Jack that was considered local call. Comcast is it a local call or long distance?

Thank You

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Is Puerto Rico considered a long distance phon

According to the "Details" link at http://www.xfinity.com/international-voice?showiro=yes :

Comcast Unlimited customers: Calls placed to Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, America Samoa, Saipan, and N. Mariana Islands are included in your calling plan and there is no additional charge for these calls.

Local with More customers: You will be charged $0.05/minute for calls placed to Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, America Samoa, Saipan, and N. Mariana Islands.

New Poster

Re: Is Puerto Rico considered a long distance phon

I travel to PR quite a bit so this topic is of particular interest to me. I've had problems with Xfinity mobile regarding PR. It is Xfinity's intent to treat PR as the other major carriers, att, Verizon, do. However, they have some ways to go. I've called out from PR to discover that I had to use operator assistant and the calls were charged at Int'l rates. I have spoken to them on various occassions and they claim that they will correct this problem but it's taking a long time and every time I call them translates into extremely long wait periods. I like their cost structure so I'm being very patient with them but wonder if I can hold out.