Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is Bad Technical Service Normal?

Regular Visitor

Is Bad Technical Service Normal?

Our phone stopped working this morning.  Checked with our neighbors; they have the same problem.  My wife drove up to the local office this morning to report it.  She was told they might be able to get someone out to look at it on Friday (TODAY IS MONDAY).  That's insane!  This not not the first time either.   It crops up every couple of months and each time it takes 5 days to over a week to get it "looked at" but not necessarily fixed.  We have 4 kids and both work out of the house on different days of the week.  Our babysitter needs to be able to contact someone if we are both out and there is an emergency.  A week without phone service that we're paying for is UNNACCEPTABLE, Period.  Is this par for the course or is the Rutherford County, TN area just particularly bad?  Does anybody have suggestions for a reliable phone company.  I don't care how cheap Comcast is.  If the phone doesn't work, then we're just throwing money away.

Regular Visitor

Satisfaction

I would like to thank whoever saw this and helped us with our phone service.  When I got home my wife said our phone service, as well as our neighbors, had been repaired and a real person with a real name from a non-local office called to appologize and gave my wife her own direct phone number and email to use if we ever had any future problems.  From what I understand, the problem was within the area-wide circuit (not our home lines).  They also offered us a refund for past non-service that we had already paid for.  I guess my question about it being a local problem was answered: Yes the office in Rutherford Co. TN does not consider long interruptions in phone service to be a big deal.  The (helpful) lady who called my wife explained the Comcast policy is to resolve phone matters within 24-hours at the most (not 5 days or a week). 

The most entertaining response my wife got from the local office when she drove up there was, "What is the phone number we can reach you at when the service technician has time to deal with your problem?"  Am I the only one who sees a break in logic here?

Anyway, thank you Comcast Home Office or whoever you are outside Rutherford County for fixing this problem.  It is very important to us.

Sincerely,

WPB

Message Edited by Tillotson on 06-01-2009 07:05 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: Satisfaction

More than likely it was one of the Mods that monitor these groups. When I was having download speeds with my new Docsis3 modem, Comcast George helped me get it resolved rather quickly.

Bill J

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Satisfaction

wjereb wrote:

More than likely it was one of the Mods that monitor these groups. When I was having download speeds with my new Docsis3 modem, Comcast George helped me get it resolved rather quickly.

Bill J

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy 

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon