Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Internet/Printer Connections

New Poster

Internet/Printer Connections

Recently moved to a new location that required me to get a new ISP (Comcast).  The entire system was set up by Comcast tech personnel and the computer works great.  However, when I went to use my All in One Dell A940 (Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax), I discovered all the features worked except the fax.  I've tried to get technical support or have the tech come back out, but this has met with its own challenges.  If my printer is communicating with my computer, Windows XP with fax software (which worked with my other ISP), why won't my fax work...it seems to be a connection issue to my phone line (also Comcast). 

Service Expert

Re: Internet/Printer Connections

dwrobinson wrote:

Recently moved to a new location that required me to get a new ISP (Comcast).  The entire system was set up by Comcast tech personnel and the computer works great.  However, when I went to use my All in One Dell A940 (Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax), I discovered all the features worked except the fax.  I've tried to get technical support or have the tech come back out, but this has met with its own challenges.  If my printer is communicating with my computer, Windows XP with fax software (which worked with my other ISP), why won't my fax work...it seems to be a connection issue to my phone line (also Comcast). 

Did you have Digital Voice with your other ISP or did you have a land line?  It sounds as though with fax software you had a land line.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert

Re: Internet/Printer Connections

Please start by checking the thread  Fax Troubleshooting for Comcast Digital Voice

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon