Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Installation

Frequent Visitor

Installation

I have a installation and concerned how things will go I have two phone #'s from the N I D have 1 line going into the upstairs room thru outside wall and second one going under deck and thru wall to inside house having both #'s ported and internet modem on dedicated line going upstairs dont want any holes drilled in wall and wondering how they would run something like that and where they would place modem and how they wire it into modem
Regular Contributor

Re: Installation

I have not gone through the CDV installation, just the Cable TV.  ( I did a self-install for HSI.)

I suggest that you talk to the install person whenever they arrive and BEFORE they do ANYTHING.

Go over exactly what they "think" they are doing... then explain what "YOU" think they are doing.

I had my house built 9 years ago.... we could not wait to get Comcast cable up and running in our new home since we
had always had it in our previous home and got used to it.

I paid handsomely (sp?) to have individual cable run from a "Home Run" location where the cable entered the house to each
cable outlet.   I made sure the electrician left enough slack for hooking up to various home theatre distribution equipment.

So... the Tech comes in to do the hook-up since this is the first time this house has eveer had service so he could check the signal, etc.

We only ordered ONE hook-up to the main TV in our family room.

Simple right?  N O T !!!!

I leave the Tech alone to connect the ONE wire to the ONE television ( a simple connector ).

When I came back downstairs... the tech had CUT ALL TEN Cables back by 6 feet.  Holy **** !!!!!

I had to restrain myself from choking him on the spot.  I asked why he did that and he said because I wasn't using the other cable.

WHAT ????   What was that again ????

I had to call the main office in order to get him to splice 6 feet of cable back on again.  So.... He destroyed my cables which he had
no business doing.   Initially refused to fix it.  Then instead of re-running the cable, he spliced it togeather causing signal loss on each
and every BRAND NEW CABLE RUN !

Moral of the story.... make it CLEAR what is to be done and then WATCH THEM.

Tim

Message Edited by pratzert on 07-18-2007 06:26 AM