Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Install headaches

Frequent Visitor

Install headaches

I was scheduled for voip last Saturday and was notified on Friday that the install was cancelled because Bellsouth
had not ported (?) my phone number. Has something to do with me wanted to keep my same phone number. So
now I'm re-scheduled for this coming Thursday. I called Comcast to ask if the porting issue was resolved. I was
told that there was no way to find out before the tech came out.

The call taker then asked me if I knew why my number had not been ported. Of course I didn't know why.
She then asked what name my Bellsouth account was in; which was my middle name. So then she says
that the install on Thursday would probably be cancelled too since my Comcast account is in my first name.
She said the name on my Bellsouth account had to be the same as my Comcast account or Bellsouth
would not agree to port (?) my number. She did add my middle name to the Comcast account.

Can anyone tell me who I can speak with to find out if this install is going to go through or not?

Most Valued Poster

Re: Install headaches

Kevyn wrote:
I was scheduled for voip last Saturday and was notified on Friday that the install was cancelled because Bellsouth
had not ported (?) my phone number. Has something to do with me wanted to keep my same phone number. So
now I'm re-scheduled for this coming Thursday. I called Comcast to ask if the porting issue was resolved. I was
told that there was no way to find out before the tech came out.

The call taker then asked me if I knew why my number had not been ported. Of course I didn't know why.
She then asked what name my Bellsouth account was in; which was my middle name. So then she says
that the install on Thursday would probably be cancelled too since my Comcast account is in my first name.
She said the name on my Bellsouth account had to be the same as my Comcast account or Bellsouth
would not agree to port (?) my number. She did add my middle name to the Comcast account.

Can anyone tell me who I can speak with to find out if this install is going to go through or not?

I have heard that these phone companys are good at that. It is also against the law. Click on Geoff name and you will see an e-mail address.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Frequent Visitor

Re: Install headaches

My install was completed as promised and on time. Credit to Geoff...thanks.
I have had the service for several days now and can only report good news.
No problems whatsoever. Everything functions correctly and the clarity is
fine. My HSI connection is functioning as well as it was before.