Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Increase from 12 to 50 numbers that can be blocked

Regular Visitor

Increase from 12 to 50 numbers that can be blocked

I'd like to see the number of calls blocked raised from the current 12 to 50.  Thanks, L.

New Poster

Re: Increase from 12 to 50 numbers that can be blo

I need a increase of numbers to block.

New Poster

If comcast goes from 12 to 50 numbers you can block you probaly will have to pay $20.00 extra per month.

Regular Visitor

Is that using the swag method of deterimination?

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I don't know how they came up with 12 as a number to block. I'd like to see maybe 20, but I guess for the time being that 12 is better than none.
Regular Contributor

if you are getting unwanted calls, you can also register with the do not call registry (https://www.donotcall.gov/)

Contributor

I agree that 12 numbers is not nearly enough to make this list effective. I have also deleted this entire list here on Comcast only to try to add more recent numbers and still get the 'blocked list is full' message on my phone...VERY frustrating!

I have also had all my phones. home and Cells on the National 'Do not call list' for YEARS and It seems to help some, but those unwanted calls still keep coming thru. When blocked, most Telemarketers simply change a few digits of their numbers and resume calling... they will not leave messages but just fill the answering machine with dead space. I have gotten into the habit now of picking up the reciever and just setting it down next to the TV...so they have some entertainment while they decide, sometimes for minutes.. whether to hang up or go thru their appointed dialog. Sometimes I just laugh when the repeat over and over again 'Hello!...Hello!..

Sometime you have to fight Fire with Fire.

Regular Visitor

I suspect the offending operations secure a block of numbers because like you I've blocked the call only to have them up the number by one and keep calling.  I have had success deleting on line and then adding new numbers.  If you have the time I think an agent can delete your blocked numbers and open up space for a new listing of 12.  That is the way it worked before they gave us the ability to do it for ourselves.    I'm glad my panasonic handset can delete more than 12.  Comcast really needs to step up and protect it's customers from wasting time on robo calls and other unsolicited callers.  Can you do it Comcast, have you got the horsepower?

Contributor

The spam calls that I often get are using caller ID spoofing to generate a random number.  No way to block these cause they are different every time.  So I just let it go to the house answering machine, if it's legit I can hear who is leaving a message from any phone's speaker.