Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Incorrect CallerID problem

New Poster

Incorrect CallerID problem

I got a new cell phone a couple months back through ATT. My problem is that when I call my house where I have Comcast service, the caller ID shows the new ATT cell phone number with the wrong name! I am guessing it is the previous phone number owner who is showing up. I have spent hours over the past few weeks with ATT support and they have pushed the new Caller ID several times, yet it still shows up incorrectly on my all my Comcast devices at home (phone, tv, computer). After all these attempts, ATT has told me this is a Comcast problem. Can one of the support managers here help me get this fixed?

Thx.

Bob

Cable Expert

Re: Incorrect CallerID problem

See this other post, as someone else had the same issue.  It did turn out to be with the cell phone co, and not Comcast.  This post was answered by the forum admin who works for Comcast.

In the other case it was Verizon that needed to and did fix it.

If you want confirmation on this, you can email the Comcast Cares Team at we_can_help@comcast.com but it will end up going back to ATT to fix.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Sorry to hear that Bob feel free to email me your account # and CDV phone # and ATT wireless #  to: oscar_gomez2@cable.comcast.com  I will have the issue corrected.

Oz

Service Expert

OzTechSup, here in the forums it we have certain procedures that we follow.

The only people who ask for personal information are the forum admins and official Comcast employees. They have their names in red. Comcast frowns on employees posting here in an official capacity unless given permission to do so.

Bob, even though the email address looks legitimate, you need to be careful about sending your information to anyone who does not have his/her name in red.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon