New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Inconsistent voice mail notifications

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

Inconsistent voice mail notifications

For about a week now, notifications of the receipt of a voicemail are not consistently being forwarded either via the Xfinity app, text or email.  Used to work fine, then just the app would work, then all worked, now none work.  Rebooted the modem and had a refresh signal sent.  Deleted and re-added the text and email addresses.  I see I have a voicemail (blinking light on handset) and can listen to the voicemail but I am not notified.

Accepted Solution

Re: Inconsistent voice mail notifications

Hi sehale -- We had an issue with voice mail notifications coming in intermittently. This issue has been cleared up now. Please let us know if you're continuing to have issues with this so we can get it addressed. 

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

Hello?

Any update or progress report on this?

Admin1

Hi sehale -- We had an issue with voice mail notifications coming in intermittently. This issue has been cleared up now. Please let us know if you're continuing to have issues with this so we can get it addressed. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

ComcastZach wrote:

Thanks - just called the house and left a message.  The Xfinity app, voicemail notification via text and email ALL worked!  Thanks for following up.

Admin1

You're welcome! Glad to hear it's working now. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I complained about this issue several weeks ago and was never notified that a problem was found, nor that is was fixed. I have 2 home phone lines, and one of them was experiencing intermitten failure to forward the notification (and transcript and sound file). Today I noticed that I did not receive email notification for a message, even though the message showed up on my phone (Connect App) and on the Xfinity web page. I just now called the same number and it worked fine.

So I believe you still have an intermittent problem with this feature.