New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Incoming caller ID displaying incorrect name

New Poster

Incoming caller ID displaying incorrect name

Hello,

I recently obtained a new iPhone from ATT.  The phone number associated with the phone belonged to someone else before I got it.  When I call my home phone (Comcast is my home phone provider), it displays the wrong name on the caller ID (it shows the name of the person who previously owned the number). 

I have spoken to ATT at length on this issue and they swear their system is correct.  They stated that the phone carrier on my home phone must have the wrong name in their database.  So that's why I'm here.  I need Comcast to update the database to show the correct name associated with my mobile number. 

Experts - please reply to this thread and I will then PM you my name, Comcast phone #, and the incorrect name that is displaying on the caller ID.

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Incoming caller ID displaying incorrect name

I am having the same issue. Seems that Comcast is not updating the database. I have had this issue over a year.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  I have called technicians, did the Live Chat and have been told it is fixed, but the wrong name still appears when I call someone.  Surely something can be done.

New Poster

I am in the same  boat.  Comcast Experts any way to solve this

New Poster

I also have the same problem. I obtained an iPhone with an AT&T number that had been assigned previously, and we noticed incorrect caller ID showing on our Comcast landline when I called home, but the iPhone number showed correctly (my name) on phones serviced by AT&T and Verizon, and I think other phones. Also, I received a call from a collection agency thinking I was the person previously assigned to the number.  AT&T says they see the number with my name, but also say they sent out some kind of caller ID update and it might take 48-72 hrs to correct.  It did not. I called Comcast and the technical support person "did not understand the problem" and sent me to a higher authority where I was dropped.   This is a Comcast caller ID database issue.  I have to assume that it is not an important enough problem to Comcast to address.  Customer service...?

However, investigating this problem on the web, I see that there are websites that assist you in faking caller IDs...I guess this issue could be even worse...like seeing the ID of a loved one who has passed.

New Poster

I believe that every one should start canceling their land accounts! It seems that Comcast does not worry about the customer, so why use them. I' going to vintage
It seems that it would not be that hard to update the caller id accounts and save grief by many. They are the only company with the problem. I use mine for business and my customers won't answer my calls because another name comes up. It seems like Comcast just doesn't care!!!
Regular Visitor

I have been trying to fix the caller ID for 4 years. A phone number in NH (Fairpoint) has the correct number. if my cell phone has the number with my nameNH number it shows. The comcast phone will not show the correct name. The companies have a central date base and Comcast needs to clean it. If any one can help solve this it would help me in staying with Xfinity.