Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Incoming caller ID displayed is wrong

New Poster

Incoming caller ID displayed is wrong

We own a house in Florida, but live in Canada.  When we are at our Florida house, and receive a phone call from our Canadian house, the wrong caller ID name is displayed.  The name that comes up is L. Morton, who is my husband's old girlfriend from 15 years ago. Very annoying. 

This old girlfriend had initially set up the phone service long before I came into the picture.

We have long since removed her name from everything here in Canada, including Bell Canada, where the phone service is now listed in our phone book as belonging to both my husband and myself.

I have contacted our Canadian provider, Bell Canada numerous times, and her name is not on any of our information. 

Can you help with this??

Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: Incoming caller ID displayed is wrong

Send me a PM, with the phone number you are calling from in Canada, and the name that should be displayed.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor
Executive Customer Relations

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

I also have a similar problem between Comcast and my cell phones from AT&T for over 3 years.  All I got was a run around between them.  AT&T indicated that their dtatbase is correct and my proof of it is the cell phone calls to other carriers such as Verizon do not post the incorrect caller ID.  Lately, I learned that Comcast uses Targus databse for incoming caller ID.  When I chatted with Comcast tech support, they just simply brushed me off saying that is AT&T's problem.  Today, I finally learned that I can call Targus directly to correct it, and I did and wait to see if they correct my incoming call incorrect caller ID for my own cell phone.  The problem is I don't know how many incorrect caller IDs out there provided by Targus.  I think Comcast and all other phone carriers using Targus database should insist on Targus to update all its database regularly.

Contributor

Targus doesn't care and apparently doesn't have to! 

Contributor

That is the problem if its customers, i.e. Comcast, don't insist it.  In any case, since my last posting on this forum, the caller ID is correct within 24 hours after I called Targus and left a message.  At least it works this way but I am still not sure which other calls I got with wrong caller ID.  I ususally do not answer the phone if I do not recognize the name.