Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Incoming Calls "This is a not a working Number"

New Poster

Incoming Calls "This is a not a working Number"

I upgraded to Triple Play the day before, and the following day, suddennly in coming calls heard that message.  I can call out but the number that appears on Caller IDs is a number I've never seen before.  Even tried calling THAT  and it gets the same Message.  So, ya right....neither is a non-working number. BUT I WANT MY PHONE SERVICE BACK.  

I spent 3 hours last night.....talked with three different technicians, at three different times....each with varying degrees of helpfulness, but each promising to resolve.....and none doing it.

I was told my ticket would be booted up to high level teckies, and I would receive a call back on my cell within 72 hours.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I won't even be there over most of the 72 hours, so I'm SURE they will claim they can't help me unless I am home. 

I really don't like Comcast. They've grown way to big for their britches.

Service Expert

Re: Incoming Calls "This is a not a working N

dbelanger1955 wrote:

I upgraded to Triple Play the day before, and the following day, suddennly in coming calls heard that message.  I can call out but the number that appears on Caller IDs is a number I've never seen before.  Even tried calling THAT  and it gets the same Message.  So, ya right....neither is a non-working number. BUT I WANT MY PHONE SERVICE BACK.  

I spent 3 hours last night.....talked with three different technicians, at three different times....each with varying degrees of helpfulness, but each promising to resolve.....and none doing it.

I was told my ticket would be booted up to high level teckies, and I would receive a call back on my cell within 72 hours.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I won't even be there over most of the 72 hours, so I'm SURE they will claim they can't help me unless I am home. 

I really don't like Comcast. They've grown way to big for their britches.

When I upgraded it took 48-72 hours for phone service to begin....  Just saying....

Give it the 72 hours and check back.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Incoming Calls "This is a not a working Number

I've been with COMCAST for many years, and I am experiencing this same issue at this time. I've called Comcast twice about the problem, and SOME people can call, but my work cannot reach me on my number. I also need this to be resolved with my Voice service.

Service Expert

Re: Incoming Calls "This is a not a working N

racelobster wrote:

I've been with COMCAST for many years, and I am experiencing this same issue at this time. I've called Comcast twice about the problem, and SOME people can call, but my work cannot reach me on my number. I also need this to be resolved with my Voice service.

This is a user-to-user forum, not a direct link to Comcast.  You need to call Comcast and let them KNOW!!!!

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon