New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ITV Icons do not appear on TV menus

ANSWERED
Contributor

ITV Icons do not appear on TV menus

Spent more than an hour online with a tech and another 15 minutes on phone.  Neither could solve problem. Two TVs (one w DVR, other with HD box) do not show ITV icons in menus.  I was told the service is activated but need to turn on through these menu items.  Was supposed to get call back in an hour more than two hors ago.  Got a wok order number: CR277077828. 

Accepted Solution

Re: ITV Icons do not appear on TV menus--Work order CR277077828

Scientific Atlanta & Cisco boxes can not yet get those features. 

They are coming as the infrastructure and software on the boxes are updated.  It is under trial in some employees homes.

You will get an email from Comcast when it is available to you.

There was a link to qualified equipment that is now broken, I have reported the broken link to my Contact at Comcast.

View answer in context
Contributor

Awaiting response on work order CR277077828 concerning absence of ITV icons on TV menus.  At 1 PM today, I was told I would receive a call in an hour or so.  It is now 11:57 PM, no call.  Seems lots of kinks in the TV caller ID option.  I have been trying to get it to work for months;  keep getting different excuses.  Initially, a few months ago, I was told it was not available in my area; next, that my box was not compatible; Today codes sent and everything supposed to be okay according to online rep that I spent an hour with to no avail.  Also spent 15 more minutes on phone with another rep who prepared the work order.  Problem:  ITV icons do not show up on the TVs menus so can't turn it on. (one with DVR; the other with HD box).

Cable Expert

This is a user to user Community Forum, you are not talking directly to Comcast reps on this forum.

Please share your Brand and model of your cable box to confirm if it's compatible or not.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

The two models are as follows:

-DVR-Scientific Atlantic-Explorer 8300 HDC.

-HD Box-Cisco-RNG 150

Thanks for trying to help.  I realize you are not a COMCAST/INFINITY employee but for the readers I want to point out I specifically asked the online COMCAST?INFINITY rep. whether my equipment was compatible to avoid wasting mine and her time.  She assured me the equipment was compatible so we spent an hour getting no where.  I did get the impression that while the representative was courteous, she was not knowledgeable.  COMCAST/INFINITY promotes such features online.  I assume inorder to make the service more desireable.  However, they should have clear and up-to-date information availble online as to where and on what equipment.  Further, the online service reps need to be better informed otherwise it adds to customer disatisfaction and frustration.  Further, the person I spoke with online assured me I would receive a phone call in an hour or so since the matter was raised.  No phone call was received.  I have had COMCAST for six years and am disappointed.   Angelo

Cable Expert

Scientific Atlanta & Cisco boxes can not yet get those features. 

They are coming as the infrastructure and software on the boxes are updated.  It is under trial in some employees homes.

You will get an email from Comcast when it is available to you.

There was a link to qualified equipment that is now broken, I have reported the broken link to my Contact at Comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks very much.  Kind of thought that was the case but the online rep kept insisting that it should work.  I had tried that link before getting online with the COMCAST/INFINITY service rep. but could not get to the page to check equipment compatibility.  Strange that neither she nor the person I spoke with on the phone could answer my question.  Anyway, I do appreciate your help.