Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Frequent Visitor

INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

We have attempted to have a telephone number we currently have with Verizon's Home Link service ported to change our current Comcast number for almost three weeks!  The Home Link number ended the two year commitment with Verizon on Aug. 8th, and I believed the number could be ported easily!  BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

The most irresponsible, stupid people to deal with at Comcast!!!  All the phone calls or chats on-line have been worthless!!  I have tried to get this number ported at least four times, including with the help of a Verizon representative earlier this week.  As of right now, Comcast still cannot port the number because they do not have certain information from Verizon, which by the way, was supplied by Verizon earlier this week!

Comcast employees are idiots!!

Cannot wait until we live someplace where we can have another provider besides Comcast/Xfinity for our television and internet service!  As far as the phone - jury is still out on that!!!  May forget the port, and figure another way to send information by Fax!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

We have not had phone service for a day.  I have reset the modem, unplugged the modem, restarted the computer, and every other thing I was told to do and still no service.  I was then told because I am the wife of the customer they could not speak with me until I was approved by my husband to do so.  I was also told "threatened" that I would be charged for a service call if I did not add a 3.95 fee to my bill to insure that if it is my fault that my service is not working.  Funny how I can add charges to the bill but I can't get help with service or remove items from my bill.   The lady told me that if it is the phone jack it is my problem.  I asked her about this.  :So, if the phone jack that COMCAST installed is not working this is now my problem???"  "Oh, wel I don't know?" Was the response!  Any help with this would be great.  I would call you but I HAVE NO PHONE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Employee

Do you have a phone that you can plug directly into the back of the modem bypassing your home lines and see if you have dial tone

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes,  I have a dial tone with that and we have determined that it ids the phone jack on the wall that comcast installed.  Does this mean when the tech comes out I will be charged a servicefee?   Comcast put that phone jack in.  I could not get an answer from them.  

Official Employee

I might pay the 3.95 for one month and cancel it the next. Just in case. You would think you wouldn't but the way it works is anything inside the house is yours and anything outside is comcast's responsibility. But you can also sweet talk the tech into using a no charge trouble call code when closing his job, doesn't hurt to try

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon