New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

INCOMING CALL

ANSWERED
New Poster

INCOMING CALL

Why some incoming calls to my home phone show my phone number in the caller ID as I am not calling my own number?

Accepted Solution

Re: INCOMING CALL

Thanks, this is not the first time, very scary.

The phone rings and looking at the ID caller, it's listed my name and my home phone number calling me.

View answer in context
New Poster

Hello,

Please elaborate on your question. Tell a little more about what phone you are using to call and more about what you are trying to do.

New Poster

This just happened to me as well today for the first time.....in 'googling' it, i found out that this is a scam...somehow these robocallers have discovered a way to make it appear as if the call is coming from your own phone number...when you answer they will either hang up or transfer you to to human that will either claim they are from your credit card company...or even worse, they will claim that they are from Comcast and are checking the line, etc and attempt to get personal information from you.

New Poster

Thanks, this is not the first time, very scary.

The phone rings and looking at the ID caller, it's listed my name and my home phone number calling me.

New Poster

THAT'S the solution????  huh???

the solution is go to the "call blocking" feauture under Preferences and BLOCK your own telephone number!!