Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I should have never bragged

Frequent Visitor

I should have never bragged

I should have never bragged about how good CDV and their HSI was until at least six months have gone by. The good service I've had since November has all turned to **bleep**. Yesterday my HSI went completely out. So I reported it. And as usual there's a scheduling conflict, namely the same old routine, tech can come when my wife and I ARE AT work. Then I woke up this morning to discover our phone service was also dead. There is absolutely no urgency whatsoever with Comcast. My problem is my problem and as soon as we get around to it we may try to fit you in somewhere. So then I'm told my problem is being escalated (yeah right) and the tech says he'll call this morning to give me the details. Guess what? No phone call. Then after repeatly resetting the modem it finally syncs up and I'm able to use the phone. My wife asks me if I noticed the flags in our yard? Which I haven't. I'm having a privacy fence installed next week and the fence company had Comcast come out to indicate where the cable line is. The nimrod who marked the cable line did so with those small metal flags. The problem is that he/she stuck them directly into the ground exactly above the cable line. So my suspicion is that the line got nailed by one of those flags. I'm able to get online now because the phone went out again and I repeatly kept resetting the modem over a thirty minute period and it finally came back after being out most of the afternoon. I just so happened to attempt connecting and it worked. But it has done this briefly once before. I hate Comcast. I had DSL for over six years, but after moving into our new home I found out I couldn't get it. But throughout the whole six years I had one outtage and that was caused by me messing with my network settings. It's no wonder people stay so irrate and frustrated with cable companies. All they know to do is offer their canned apologies and lie to you. If any techs are interested the peckerwood I spoke to says that I do have a job number...593124. Doubt if it means anything though. I'll be bugging the **bleep** out of AT&T (Bellsouth) every month to setup a remote terminal so I can get DSL once more. And I thought all the horror stories I had heard about Comcast were over-blown. Yep...I should have never bragged. I'm having such a lovely Comcastic experience. Thanks Comcast.
Regular Contributor

Re: I should have never bragged

Hi Kevyn,

I apologize for all of the trouble you have been having with your service and for not seeing your post sooner but I was out of the office when you posted. Unfortunately, at this point the best thing would be to let the appointment that you referred to stand as it is since it is scheduled for tomorrow. If you run into any further problems at all and would like to contact me, please feel free to send me an email.

Geoff.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I should have never bragged

But the appointment will do no good. I told the Comcast call taker (worthless help) that we don't get home until 4:00 and 6:00pm. But he wanted to make the appointment between 11am and 2pm anyway. So let 'em roll a truck and waste a little time like I have. Maybe the highly skilled technician will get a clue from the call taker and check the signal running from the street box to the house. Unless it has something to do with the modem they'll find the problem with the line that the nimrod stabbed a metal flag through. I would leave the modem on the front porch for testing, but I'm afraid he'd pawn it and say it wasn't there when he arrived. After all the excrement and baloney I've had to deal with from Comcast employees; I wouldn't trust one as far as I could throw 'em. Lies and the liars that tells lies are not very favorable people in my book.