Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I need my landline #s transferred from ATT

New Poster

I need my landline #s transferred from ATT

I have been waiting for several days for my landline numbers to be transferred from AT&T.
I called AT&T - and they said they had to "release the numbers" - and this should be done by now.
I am very frustrated - as people are claling me - but those calls are not being routed to comcast equipment, but rather my old AT&T equipment.

There is a ticket for me CR390019445.  What is the status?  I tried calling the 800 number, pressed the numbers for voice service - but then the call got dropped by Comcast.  so, I thought I'd try this forum.

New Poster

Re: I need my landline #s transferred from ATT

8/23 @3:21PM central.  Just Waited on hold another 20 to 30 minutes with the recording saying "Hold the line..."

Then, a "beep beep" and a voice said please wait, then nothing for 20 seconds, then "please wait" a final time.  Then "your call cannot be completed.  Please dial the toll free number again."

Frustrating!  Landline service is too important for this to be taking multi-days.

Regular Visitor

My Number was supose to be ported in by the 12th of august its yet to be done. I still dont get phone calls.

Wonder how long its gonn take.

New Poster

Wow.  I can't wait weeks.  I have called AT&T and they assured me that there were no locks on the line.
My strategy is to call every 4 hours - repeat the same converssation over and over - and we''ll see where we get after another 3 or 4 days.  Then, I suppose it becomes a legal issue, sadly.  By law, these phone numbers should be mine.....

Service Expert
Moved: