Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I keep getting the runaround. Need help NOW!

New Poster

I keep getting the runaround. Need help NOW!

I changed my service to the triple play 2 weeks ago and recieved my modem on the 3rd.  I still do not have my phone and internet working.  Service is intermittent and is out 90 percent of the time.  I had a service tech come to my home and he replaced one wire and told me the other needs to be replaced and we did that.  the same day it went out again right after the tech left. He came back that evening and said it would be escilated to a supervisor and that never happened.  I called again and demanded someone come out but it took an additional 3 days for someone to show.  The second tech said you need a bucket truck this is a line  problem.  Well big surprise I had to all back again and they said I would see someone today and well guess what?  I didn't.  I take care of my 92 year old grandmother and I need a phone point blank.  I am ready to take this to any forum I can that I will actually be heard.  PLEASE HELP NOW!!!! WHO DO I TALK TO?

Contributor

Re: I keep getting the runaround. Need help NOW!

I am so sorry to hear; I don't think I can help much, but if misery loves company, you have mine!

One thing I have found a bit more productive than trying to get through them on the phone is to do a chat session via their website (support).  You get someone right away and you get to save the whole transcrip of the conversations.

Having the transcripts helps in two ways, they can forward it to whomever the escalate things to so you don't have to tell the whole story all over again.  Also you can refer them to it when you have to call again (which you almost always do), but...

One thing that I have discovered is that there is a lot of deception.  Often when I call back on the same issues (often needing over and over), they claim there is no record of my previous calls...how can that be?  I think that the reps delete the conversations or records where you did not get a happy resulution because otherwise they get dinged in their reviews.  So basically, there is no record (apparently) of the wasted and unresolved calls.  As a customer, you feel like a fool becaus they say there is no record, when you know you have talked to them a dozen times.

Good luck!

New Poster

Re: I keep getting the runaround. Need help NOW!

Thank you so much.  LOL I have to tell this story.  The power company has been replacing poles in the area.  I told the first two technicians that came out about it and they were very complacent and pretty much attributed my headaches to the inside wiring.  Well, we replaced the wires in the attic space and rewired the house at our expense I might add.  After all that, the problem still existed as I knew it would because we had no issue till the power company monkeyed with the pole.  The Technicians said and I quote " That's a maintance problem.  I don't do the pole work".  I was so upset I called and a technician came out on a Sunday and guess what?  He asked did the guys that were out here before go onto the pole?  I said no they said they don't do that.  He said I would have asked them what the big ladder is for then lol.  He went up the pole and the power company had broke a wire.  No problems since.