Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I hear them but they can't hear me

New Poster

I hear them but they can't hear me

After a few minutes on a call, the outside party no longer hears me.  I can hear them clearly.

* There's no apparent pattern for how long into the call this occurs or specific caller.

* Problem doesn't happen on every call.

* Problem happens with different cordless handsets including base unit.

* Replaced phones with a new set (new base unit and all handsets) and still have the problem.

Service Expert

Re: I hear them but they can't hear me

gc2 wrote:

After a few minutes on a call, the outside party no longer hears me.  I can hear them clearly.

* There's no apparent pattern for how long into the call this occurs or specific caller.

* Problem doesn't happen on every call.

* Problem happens with different cordless handsets including base unit.

* Replaced phones with a new set (new base unit and all handsets) and still have the problem.

Try rebooting the modem first...pull power, if it has a battery backup, remove that as well...   allow to sit for 10 seconds...  plug back and and install battery if equipped...  allow device to reonnect ( 3-5 mnutes ) when all lights are solid, try to test for the issue again.   If it still persists, call into Comcast and register a trouble tocket for your affected services.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Not sure how long you have been having this issue but I have had this problem on and off over the last 16 months,  as well as people not being able to hear me when I pick up the phone and I would have to say hello 3-6 times before the other party could hear me..  I have reported it many times to service, had on site visits, equipment change outs, and it still continues.  They even put in a separate box for the phone service but it continues to fail intermittently.  After the first couple of months of it not being fixed I called my state Dept. of Communications, this helped to get focus on this issue, by getting to their executive complaint area inside of comcast on the issue.  This last issue is now down to 2-3 hellos and the comcast techs are  now telling me, after one year of having the issues that is the nature of the VOIP beast.  I am sorry I do not accept that and as soon as the contact is up I am moving back to a land line that has none of these issues.

New Poster

Thanks for the reply.  I may be all messed up on what I thought the phone service is, but I don't understand what the [WIFI] modem has to do with the phone service since the base phone is connected to a landline. 

Service Expert

gc2 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I may be all messed up on what I thought the phone service is, but I don't understand what the [WIFI] modem has to do with the phone service since the base phone is connected to a landline. 

Your Comcast VOIP service is delivered either through an EMTA modem, or a combination Gateway device that supplies Internet modem and EMTA modem into a single unit....  by rebooting whichever device you have you are forcing the device to reacquire signal and reinitialize the device...  Rebooting solves 50% of connectivity issues....

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Contributor

I am experiencing the same matter right now. I don't use Comcast VM, just calls via router. I have had a booster placed, bought 2 different phone sets but this also happens on the hardwired phone so. ... MUST BE THE WIRES. Comcast goes up the pole and replaces couplings - seems weather destroys these things then I start having trouble with pixel-tiling on some, not all, internet slows down and the phones.

My problem now, I called 9/2/15 from the house phones and asked that if we were disconnected, please call my cell phone. No call back. No appointment either. I called several times and never got a person. Tried to do the "Talk to Analyst" 2 times yesterday and 3 times today and no analyst ever picks up. How do I get an appointment.??? Have them check your outside wires.
Service Expert

ellenrd wrote:
I am experiencing the same matter right now. I don't use Comcast VM, just calls via router. I have had a booster placed, bought 2 different phone sets but this also happens on the hardwired phone so. ... MUST BE THE WIRES. Comcast goes up the pole and replaces couplings - seems weather destroys these things then I start having trouble with pixel-tiling on some, not all, internet slows down and the phones.

My problem now, I called 9/2/15 from the house phones and asked that if we were disconnected, please call my cell phone. No call back. No appointment either. I called several times and never got a person. Tried to do the "Talk to Analyst" 2 times yesterday and 3 times today and no analyst ever picks up. How do I get an appointment.??? Have them check your outside wires.

Try online chat here as this sometimes works much faster than the phne support:  https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx

Please post back if you were unsuccessful and we can take other steps to get this addressed.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Contributor

If anyone has gotten a solid fix not a temporary one, for this issue I would love to know what comcast has done to fix it.  I keep being told that you can expect a 2-3 second delay, or longer, before the other party will hear you.  So far I continue to have this problem from calls

inside and outside of their phone network.