Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I have 2 landlines with full features, need help

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 9

I have X1 (triple package) and 2 Phone landlines, BOTH have XFINITY Voice Service ($21.95 for 2nd line).  Question for those of you that have the same service as I do, do you get Caller ID on BOTH lines with call waiting?   So if you're talking on either phone and somone calls you, you'll see on your phone who it is, and can answer that call if you want to.   

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 2 of 9

wow.  No one else has two phone lines with Comcast?  

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 9

Hello TomD2. To answer this question, you do get Caller ID with Call Waiting on both lines as long as the primary line has this activated and since you have the feature pack on your second line. If this feature is deactivated for the primary line, it will also deactivate for the second line. This feature cannot be independently set for the two lines using residential phone service. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 9

Thanks ComcastJoeTru.  The primary number has caller ID with call waiting on and so does the second line, yet one of the phone lines can NOT get caller ID with call waiting.  Comcast has been trying to fix this now for well over two weeks.  I was told that only the primary line can have this feature, not once, but 3 or 4 times!.  It seems like if they can't fix something at Comcast you're told you don't have it.  lol   A man named Sal at Comcast called me Wednesday night, he like you told me yes, you do get that feature on both phones, if both have the that feature pack (they do).   Yet no one can fix it!  Last conversation with Sal was Thursday around 1:00 PM, still not fixed and it now seems like Sal has also vanished?   It doesn't make sense to me that if a problem can't be fixed by a Comcast employee it's dropped and with luck the customer will just go away or the Comcast employee figured he/she tried to fix it and it is time to move on.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 9

The Phone is still not working right, and I still have NOT heard back from Sal at Comcast.  Comcast Joe what is so hard about fixing this and other problems at Comcast?  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 9

I've contacted ECARE again.  Lets see what happens with them again.  

5/26/17.  So far things are still not fixed.  I was told by email that ECARE they would call me within 24 hours, that call is now over 25 hours late.    

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 9

TomD2, very sorry to hear your experience over the phone has not been the best. I would like to see if the tools I have can fix this for you. Can you please send me a private message with the phone number(s) affected and also include for verification, your name and service address. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 9

Our other line is a cell phone.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 9 of 9