Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I can't believe I am being treated like this........

Frequent Visitor

I can't believe I am being treated like this........

My wife had an idea to get Comcast Digital Voice. She called up to inquire about it and was told a few things about the service that were not quite true. She had agreed to sign up for the service, but the representitive had some problems getting the order in. The rep said she would call my wife back once she got things straightened out. She never called back. The next day, my wife calls back and talks to Amber. Amber informs my wife that the prices she was given were wrong, and that there would be a $50.00 fee to keep our phone number. Ok, not that big of a deal, and they agreed to cut the fee to $25.00. She was also told by the first rep that HBO, and Starz were going to be on our new cable package free for one year and that it would not be any cheaper to drop them off. Amber told her that that was not true, and that we did not have to have HBO, and Starz, and that it would be cheaper without them. Amber also had problems with the computer getting the order through, and promised to call back. She never called my wife back. My wife is 8 months pregnent, and gets a little emotional at this point in the pregnency. She asked me to see if could call on my day off to try and get things moving forward. I was able after a time to get an appointment set up for January the 25th between 2:00 and 5:00. Nobody came that day, and I called to let them know. Never was I rude to anyone. The rep said that he could call the dispatcher to see where they were, and I said that it was too late, I had to leave. He asked if I wanted to make another appointment, and I said that I was not sure what I wanted to do. I was just disappointed that they missed the appoinment after all the frustration of trying to set up the appointment. All I had going through my head was the people that had promised to call my wife back that never did.......

My wife had canceled our long distance carrier they day before our scheduled appontment on the 25th. She now was worried about not being able to call relatives (baby could come any day). She called during work to set up a new appointment for February the 4th between 12:00 and 3:00. Me, I was still upset and didn't care  what we did. While setting up the appointment, she was told that they had called during the last appointment and no one answered. Well I was at home, and a 1-800 number did call, but left no message. Comcast has called before and it says Comcast on the ID. Anyway, the appoinment day was here, and I was waiting at home. My wife calls to see if they showed up yet. I told her that it was still early, and not to worry yet. Well she was worried about them trying to call because our phone line was no longer working for some reason the last couple of days. I wasn't going to call AT+T to fix it because Comcast was comming soon. Well again, my wife is pregnent and worried about no having a phone. Yes we have cell phones, but she has alot of relatives in Canada. She calls Comcast to let them know that I am in fact at home, but I can't answer the phone if they call (It doesn't work). She was then informed that we did not have an appointment set up for the 4th, and it would take another 5 or so days to get another one. She calls me crying and asked if i could do something. I called at 1:05 pm and talked to a nice lady named Simone. She did some digging in the computer and found out that our file said "completed" or something like that. She then says "ohhhhh, it says we took over your phone service back on the 23rd". Well she promised to call me back(I have been using my cell phone eating up my minutes) in 15 minutes to see if she could get someone over that day. 2 hours later I called her and left a message on her voicemail. She called me back about 30 minutes later to let me know that her supervisor ( I think it was Rick or Rich) wanted to talk to me, and that she would put me on hold (again, on my cell phone). Rick or Rich, later gets on the line saying he just left a message for me. My home phone doesn't work, so he said, my cell phone, (the on that I was on which never recieved a call). He promised me that he would straighten things out and waive any installation fees. He said he would call me back later to try and get someone here today or Friday. This was yesterday. Yes i gave him my cell phone #. Today I still have no land line since Comcast took over our phone on January the 23rd. No one has called me back........
Frequent Visitor

Re: I can't believe I am being treated like this........

If anyone out there feels like they can help me, I can get you my cell phone # or Email. I would appreciate it.
Regular Contributor

Hi Help1,

I'm currently working on fixing this problem and hope to have a resolution soon. Please check your email for a message from me.

As a reminder for everyone else, the fastest way to obtain assistance is to contact us via chat or telephone. However, if you prefer, you can contact a moderator via email.

Thanks!

Richard

Gold Problem Solver

Maybe you could try sending a PM (personal message) to Michael, he is the Adminstrator of the Help Forums.  To do, just find his name on any page, click on it, then on private message.  A window will open to type your message to him.  OR- PM one of the Moderators of the Digital Voice.  All moderators User names show in red. Good luck to you, and the very best of luck with the new baby.

Edit:  I see you have received help

Message Edited by CCCarole on 02-05-2008 11:52 AM

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

No, still have not received any help. He said he would email me, and that was 9:00 in the morning. It is now 5:00.
Most Valued Poster

My advice, go back to AT&T.  Think of it this way-if you have problems just getting the service set up and working, what kind of problems will you have if there are issues with the service?
At one point, I considered switching to Comcast phone service, but after reading about all the problems people have with it, and all the problems they have trying to get the issues resolved, I decided not to switch.
I realize there are those who receive great service, but from what I've seen in this forum, trying to get an issue resolved is almost an impossible task.
You need reliable phone service-especially with a new baby in the house.
Frequent Visitor

Yeah Evie, I think you may be right. It has been almost 24 hours since the moderator said he would look into it and send me an email. I still haven't heard from him...... Anyone out there think 24 hours is enough time to get back with someone?

Dear Help1: I sent you both an E-mail and a PM on 2/5/08 requesting your contact information. Please contact me by sending me an email or a PM ASAP.

Message Edited by Richard_J on 02-06-2008 12:29 PM
Most Valued Poster

Add the 24 hours to all the hours spent waiting on someone to "call you back"  to all the time you spent on hold, all the time you waited at home in vain for a tech visit, the many hours of frustration-yep, 24 hours is an excessively long time to wait on a response.  And when you add a hormonally charged mom-to-be into the mix-it's not a pretty sight.
Most Valued Poster

Help1 wrote:
Yeah Evie, I think you may be right. It has been almost 24 hours since the moderator said he would look into it and send me an email. I still haven't heard from him...... Anyone out there think 24 hours is enough time to get back with someone?

Help....there is no way in heck that your circumstance that you should even consider relying on a cell phone to provide access to 911...what happens if your wife needs to call and finds she has forgotten to charge her phone?   Almost certainly your state will have a Board of Public Utilities or similar whose purpose it is to resolve issues like this with phone service.   Call them and explain the circumstance.   Go back to your landline immediately and don't even consider anything else for the moment...just my few cents worth...and good luck with your new "addition"!!! Smiley Wink
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heroes aren't born...they volunteer...
Frequent Visitor

Just an update for anyone reading this, I still have not received a phone call from any of the people that have promised to call me back. I did get a generic email (not in response from the moderator that said he would email me, I sent another email to the regular Comcast web site) All it stated was for me to call the 1-800 number!!!!!! or use the online chat(which they even state that it doesnt even work  right now for Michigan customers when you click on it!!!!!) You see Comcast, I know the 1-800 number already! I have used it several times, and it has gotten me nowhere. It is on your end now, the people that have promised to call me back. You already have my information, and a detailed description of the problem.

Dear Help1, I have not spoken with you, nor do I have a way to contact you, except through email or PM. Since you have not received my email, please send me your cell phone number (or other contact info) and I will call you back. Click on the following link to send me an email.

Message Edited by Richard_J on 02-06-2008 02:28 PM
Most Valued Poster

Dear Help1, I have not spoken with you, nor do I have a way to contact you, except through email or PM. Since you have not received my email, please send me your cell phone number (or other contact info) and I will call you back. Click on the following link to send me an email.

Message Edited by Richard_J on 02-06-2008 02:28 PM

Emphasis added by Me...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heroes aren't born...they volunteer...
Most Valued Poster

Richard_J wrote:

Hi Help1,

I'm currently working on fixing this problem and hope to have a resolution soon. Please check your email for a message from me.

As a reminder for everyone else, the fastest way to obtain assistance is to contact us via chat or telephone. However, if you prefer, you can contact a moderator via email.

Thanks!

Richard, it seems that the above is a standard line by Comcast here in this particular forum.

But how fast can it be when there have been numerous complaints about being told someone will call you back but no phone call is received?  Tech visits that are cancelled without notice to the customer.  Techs that don't show up. Service reps who can't find any record of a customer's previous calls about an issue.  Customers being told  someone told them the wrong thing-to the point where you don't know who and what to believe.  The OP of this thread is not the first to complain of getting nowhere fast, and he won't be the last. From what I've observed, a lot of these posters have detailed the run-around they get, and posting about it here is a last resort.