Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I can not get through to one specific number

Regular Visitor

I can not get through to one specific number

My land line appears to be working fine. I can call out and receive calls. However, when I call this one specific number that I have been calling for 25 years I get dead silence followed by a fast busy. If I call that number on my cell phone or my work phone I get through fine.That number can call me and they are having no problems with their phone. They are receiving and making calls with no problems.

The number belongs to my parents. I asked them to make sure they didn't accidently block me. They checked and I'm not. Though it was unlikely since I wasn't getting a message saying they weren't accepting calls from my number.

I plugged in one of those old corded phones and tried and got the same results. I can call any other number in the world but that one. I might add that they an call me just fine. I also tried hitting the send button off of caller ID after they called. I tried dropping the area code. I tried everything. This has been going on for a week now.

My parents called Comcast and they didn't see anything wrong on their end so I tried and they didn't see anything wrong on my end. I unplugged my modem for a few minutes and replugged it in. Same results.

I've googled this and it seems that others have had that kind of problem but I can't seem to find anyone who has a solution.

Recap:

Both phones work fine both incoming and outgoing, We both have Comcast. I'm not blocked. There have been no major storms. This is a landline. They can call me. I can't call them. Silence then fast busy signal. I can call them from any other phone except home phone. I tried plugging in different phones into the jack.

Regular Contributor

Re: I can not get through to one specific number

The call center reps need to open a ticket for you.  The ticket  must include the phone number that you are not able to call.  Your parents should have a ticket opened that includes your phone number as one that cannot be received.  Perhaps this will help the switch technician understand what is happening.

It might take some time to find and fix the cause of the problem, but you will be able to check how work is progressing by referring to the ticket number(s).

Good luck.