Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I am getting someone else's calls

Visitor

I am getting someone else's calls

I have had my phone number for over 30 years and a few months ago I started to get another number's calls. Someone will correctly call this other person's number and sometimes get me and sometimes the call will go correctly to the other person. I don't know this man and he lives a few states away from me. Our numbers are not similar in any way. I have called Comcast three times about this. One of the people that I spoke with said that she had heard of this happening but no one could solve it. Does any have an idea? So, far I've talked to this man's dental office, insurance agent, brother, aunt, etc. He is getting a delivery from Sears later this afternoon and I sure hope he is home because the message was left on my answering machine. Help, please.

Contributor

Re: I am getting someone else's calls

Try to find out the phone number that these misdirected calls are trying to reach and if that persons phone number is a Comcast voice customer.  If so, this would not be surprising and you you would have a good case to call Comcast tech support and have Comcast fix the problem.  This has happened to me in the past and was caused by a Comcast voice customer having its calls forwarded to me in error.  Comcast fixed the problem after several tech support phone calls.   Good luck

Official Employee

Re: I am getting someone else's calls

Hi Daisy8, usually this is caused by them accidentally putting your number in as a virtual number or call forwarding, but either way I could take a look at this for you. I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon