Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to reject (private number)

New Poster

How to reject (private number)

Someone with a Private number is leaving voice messages but I cannot block because there is no number to block..The caller ID readsrivate Caller. What can I do?

Official Employee

Re: How to reject (private number)

We offer a service called Anonymous Call Rejection.  It will direct any caller who is calling from a blocked number to unblock their number to call you.

To turn this feature on, just use *77.  If you need to turn it off, *87.

You can also access it via your account on xfinity.com under preferences and call manager.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor
Executive Customer Relations

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Nick, this sounds great.  Can you just clarify which callers will get this message?  Would it just be the private number callers?  Or would others get it as well?

Also, can you please tell me any info on why, when I switched my phone service to Comcast, all handsets now say "New Voicemail" all the time.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the info!

Salski

Official Employee

salski wrote:

Nick, this sounds great.  Can you just clarify which callers will get this message?  Would it just be the private number callers?  Or would others get it as well?

Also, can you please tell me any info on why, when I switched my phone service to Comcast, all handsets now say "New Voicemail" all the time.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the info!

Salski

It would be for anyone who's caller id information is blocked. They would be the only ones to receive the message that they need to unblock their caller id information.

It does not work on callers who show up as Unknown/Unavailable or Out of Area.

For your Voicemail, it sounds like the Message Waiting Indicator is stuck open on our end.  I would want you to try pressing the reset button for 5 seconds and then once the modem resets seeing if it still shows a new voicemail.  If so, please let me know and I can escalate up to have it checked on our server side to correct the problem.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hello,

Is it possible ot reject any number?  I am thinking of constant telemarketing calls. Is there a fee for this service?

Official Employee

ldeveraux wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible ot reject any number?  I am thinking of constant telemarketing calls. Is there a fee for this service?

You can screen specific numbers, *60 will allow you to access that menu from your phone, and you can also access it from Xfinity.com.  It is one of the features included with your service, there is no fee to use the call screening.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

just private callers...

New Poster

I need to know when and if I do contact star 60 that I will beable to list all the numbers I am currently having abusers call and cause problems with my telephone service.  All times I get these calls and I am tired of them calling .  I have asked them to quit calling and they continue it even more. It is absolutely sickening. jsframe

Official Employee

There is a limit on the number of callers you can block. We have been updating or systems to double the number of individual phone numbers you can block.
I am currently out of the office so I cannot check if you are in an updated area.
You can always go online to you account through xfintity.com and into preferences to start blocking numbers.
Comcast Nick
Supervisor

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Re: How to reject numbers which begin with a V

I have the anomyous call rejection on and get a lot of calls beginning with a letter (V)  Is there a way to block this number?

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info, Nick.  The voicemail issue is resolved!  Unfortunately the other issue persists.  Is there a reason that a large number of the calls that are bothering me have a location listed instead of a name?  It'll say "Spring City",  "Whitehall, PA", "McKeesport, PA".  Also, many seem to say "800 Service" and "Anonymous".  Is there any way to block these aside from putting each number into the call blocking that you mentioned in response to another post?  I guess if there is a number (even if it's buried below a location...) you have to block the number individually. Also, could you please clarify which numbers we can block?  I realize that they have blocked their number, but does it say "Blocked" or something like that?  I guess I don't get them much...  Sorry to be so slow on this!  Thanks again!

Salski

Official Employee

salski wrote:

Thanks for the info, Nick.  The voicemail issue is resolved!  Unfortunately the other issue persists.  Is there a reason that a large number of the calls that are bothering me have a location listed instead of a name?  It'll say "Spring City",  "Whitehall, PA", "McKeesport, PA".  Also, many seem to say "800 Service" and "Anonymous".  Is there any way to block these aside from putting each number into the call blocking that you mentioned in response to another post?  I guess if there is a number (even if it's buried below a location...) you have to block the number individually. Also, could you please clarify which numbers we can block?  I realize that they have blocked their number, but does it say "Blocked" or something like that?  I guess I don't get them much...  Sorry to be so slow on this!  Thanks again!

Salski

The anonymous call rejection feature will only be able to block callers who have their caller ID information blocked.  With the call screening option, you can block specific numbers that are calling.  You can see what numbers you have blocked online at www.comcast.net and under your account settings.  You can also add additional numbers there to block.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.