New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How long for voice to activate?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

How long for voice to activate?

A week ago I added voice and internet to existing cable service. I did a self-install, and, after a modem swap and several calls to tech support, everything now works fine. My phone number was ported over from my previous carrier. It's here and working, and the service at the old carrier has been discontinued.

But in the Xfinity site in My Account, voice still shows as "awaiting activation." Why is that the case, when it works?

According to customer service, it will take between 5 and 8 days for activation. But they've always said that in context of the number porting over and that's complete.

Does anyone have any experience with why voice is still awaiting activation?

I'm reluctant to call customer service because in my experience it's only second-level support that's really helpful and they are nearly impossible to get to. Last time it took over an hour before the useless, non-English-speaking first-level support person would agree that she couldn't help me (she didn't even understand the problem) and I needed second-level support, and then another 30 minutes to get connected. And then about 5 minutes for the second-level to actually solve that issue.

Accepted Solution

Re: How long for voice to activate?

Hi there,

Just to verify, you can receive and make calls from the home phone, correct?

If so, I would ignore the website. There have been times where the account stuff does not update correctly.

I did check your account, and I do show everything shows correct back here.

Thanks!

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

Hi there,

Just to verify, you can receive and make calls from the home phone, correct?

If so, I would ignore the website. There have been times where the account stuff does not update correctly.

I did check your account, and I do show everything shows correct back here.

Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you for replying. Yes everything works correctly. Is there some way to get it to show us activated on the website? Apparently I need that before I can sign up for Nomorobo, which I would like to do as soon as possible.
Regular Visitor

ComcastJesse, I don't know if you manage to do something on your end, but it's all activated now. Thank you!
New Poster

Same issue here.. All works fine, but on line still showing "AWAITING ACTIVATION" and until fixed, can't use/set any of the on line features, mobil apps, etc..  Talked w/CS which was hopeless.  Making this switch from Vonage worst experiance ever w/Comcast.  Very poorly explained/managed/serviced..

New Poster

Now day 4, still "AWAITING ACTIVATION"...............

New Poster

dont feel bad; its been 9 days since I switched from business class to consumer class and they STILL haven't ported my COMCAST phone number over...Disgraceful lack of any sense of urgency with this company..

New Poster

Just recieved a call from CS, a very nice lady told me a 4 digit PIN# needs to be set up for all this to work properly.  She well arrange for & I should have in 24 hours.  Now as to why this wasn't addressed from day 1.....