Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How long did it take to get the Contract ?

Regular Contributor

How long did it take to get the Contract ?

I had the Premier Triple Play installed a couple of weeks ago and asked for the TWO YEAR contract.

I was told it would be mailed to me, but it has not arrived yet.

Has anyone else done the contract commitment ?

How long did it take for you to get your contract in the mail?

Thanks,  Tim

Message Edited by pratzert on 08-08-2007 07:51 PM

Message Edited by pratzert on 08-22-2007 05:34 AM
Regular Contributor

Re: How long did it take to get the Contract ?

I'm going to say about 3 - 4 weeks before I got it.  When I did, it gave me the option of signing the contract electronically.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response.

Funny.... but when I got home yesterday and checked out the mail...  there it was.....  my two year agreement.

It is obviously printed out by a computer

Actually, I like the idea of locking in the rate of $159.99/month for the Premier Triple Play for 2 years.

Based on past experience.... the price will go up.

Of course, after reading the agreement, it is very "one-sided" in favor of Comcast.

It also says that it is for "ONE" outlet ONLY !!!!   So, if I add another outlet, they can charge me $300/month based on the
way the contract is written.

Geez.....  maybe I better just cancel the whoile thing and have it removed before my 30 days is up ?

I deal with contracts every day in my job, and the way this one is written... I am totally at the mercy of Comcast.

Tim

Message Edited by pratzert on 08-10-2007 06:21 AM

Message Edited by pratzert on 08-10-2007 07:21 AM

Message Edited by pratzert on 08-10-2007 07:30 AM
Regular Contributor

I took the triple play cheapie $99.  Of course, I have more than one TV and do pay for the extra TV connections but the price is still cheaper for me.  What I pay now for all three services is still lower than paying for Cable TV and Internet through Comcast and phone through Verizon.
Regular Contributor

Same package here. Installed on Friday, 07/27, and I received the contract Monday, 08/13. Small issue -- the terms of the promotion are contained in a box roughly in the center of the main page of the contract, but on mine the box is not quite big enough. It appears that one full line is missing at the bottom of that box. Actually, the text is there, but I can only see the very top of the taller letters, like the l's, t's, etc.
Regular Contributor

J-Mac,

Ya... my contract looked the same.... like the last line was not printed out properly.

I "think" all it states is "per month."  At least that's all I hope it says.

I did the approval on-line on the web site address they provided.

So far... so good with my phone service.

And I am saving $30-40 per month for now.... for the next TWO years. 

Tim
Regular Contributor

pratzert wrote:
J-Mac,

Ya... my contract looked the same.... like the last line was not printed out properly.

I "think" all it states is "per month."  At least that's all I hope it says.

I did the approval on-line on the web site address they provided.

So far... so good with my phone service.

And I am saving $30-40 per month for now.... for the next TWO years. 

Tim

True -- I do think that it can only say something like that.  (Hppe so, or we're in trouble!!)

And I agree, the deal is a great one. We don't often see promotions as existing customers.  That first bill after signing up for the promotion, however, is a doozy! They added an additional month of CDV pro-rated and a few other things to just about double the bill.   Ouch!
Frequent Visitor

On June 11, 2007, two Direct Sales Reps (father and son team) came knocking at our door to present a new program from Comcast, the Triple Bundle Package for $129.99 for two years.  They stated that because of the poor customer service that Comcast was noted for, they were out in force to win back the customer.   We sat at our kitchen table for two hours discussing this plan.  I asked all kinds of questions to make sure everything was clear.  "Yes, the package is $129.99 for two years and that's it.  No extra fees, no big taxes on the telephone, a $4.95 installation charge for the phone". (I already had high speed internet, digital cable w/HBO).
It took 10 days or so for TalkAmerica to transfer our phone number.
On June 26, just the phone cable was plugged into my modem.  That's when problems began.
Dropped calls, even when I called Comcast.  Cut off calls, echo problems.  Then, the billing problems began.  Our $129.99 charge per month for the first month turned into about $245.00.  After calling Comcast so many times I lost count, I finally got a breakdown of the charges and come to find out they were charging me to install internet and cable TV.  Also, they were charging me an additional $3 modem rental fee that I had already been paying for.  So, ultimately, my $129.99/mo isn't $129.99 per month after all.  Checking my Digital Voice Profile, I find that my call records are all **bleep** up.  They have times listed for early morning, ie., 1:30am, 4:35am, that I never made.  They now tell me it's a **bleep** and they've known about it for 2 years but neglected to tell customers.  Comcast told me there is a big red "flag" notifying customers of this on the Digital Voice Center...I've yet to find it.  Oh, and did I mention that the two Direct Sales Reps refused to return my phone calls? 
Regular Contributor

First of all, I don't believe that Comast directly employs any "direct sales reps".  You were visited by someone from a direct marketing firm. I know that Comcast contracts with such firms for telephoe sales of promotions but I did not know they sent folks out door to door. THe fact that he brought a child with him should be a clue that something was not quite right.

Also, the fees you mention are pretty common; when I was trying to decide whether or not to sign up for the CDV Triple Play promotion, I came here and read every post I could find about it, and then posted some questions about all aspects of the service, the quality of CDV, associated fees, etc. I received a lot of good answers and helpful advice here.

As I posted right above your post my first bill after installation was close to twice what it will be, mostly due to pro-rating the services I received the first month for which I was not biiled; a review of all the charges on my bill proved them to be correct -- just surprisingly high! By the way, this is always the case with the first bill after adding services because you regularly pay for your cable services a month in advance, like it or not. So this is just catching things up for the CDV and different TV plan that you received in the current month but weren't charged for the previous month. You only see a correspondingly lower bill when you terminate service, since it has already mostly been paid the previous month.

As for your phone line connectivity or quality issues, I'm sorry to hear that; I've been fortunate in that respect. However I have noticed here at the forum that service for CDV appears to be a bit more responsive than general support, though I can't vouch for that personaly as I haven't needed service yet for the phone line. Comcast's online call history feature is generally pretty poor, I admit.  It is not up to par with their competition; not even close! However the other VoIP service I used for over three years, while offering a much more robust feature set, definitely had its own share of problems, particularly if support or service was needed. Calls to their support started getting routed to India about a year and a half ago, and things seemed to go downhill fast from there. Of course that was only if you needed support, which was rare in my case. I switched for another reason altogether, and the Triple Play Premier promotion was about all the additional incentive I needed!! But I do really miss the calling features and online tools that the other one has. But I try to take the good and the bad (as well as the ugly!) with equal aplomb.

Jim
Frequent Visitor

Comcast obviously does employ direct sales reps.  The gentleman who came to our home had proper identification, picture badge, business card with his telephone number, fax number.  His son, who I mentioned in my last post, was a college student who was interning for Comcast and was in training with his father, he also had proper identification.  The older man said he has been with Comcast a number of years, so I had no reason to think that they were from anywhere else other than Comcast.
They had the contract with them.  I read it, asked a number of questions regarding it, and was reasurred a number of times about the cost of the contract.  I was able to sign the contract with the stipulation that I had a 30 day window to cancel at any time, which I was happy to see. 
Since I had high speed internet service and premium digital cable already for the past four years, I have been paying my monthly fees on time.  You pay a month in advance, so when my new bill was to begin, that portion should have been pro-rated and it was not.  There should be no installation fees as well, other than a $4.95 fee to connect a phone cable to my modem.  After spending the kind of money I had been spending with Comcast, I felt it quite petty to charge me that.  Comcast made the mistakes of charging me $57 for installation of something that was already installed, another $59 for another installation that I already had.  Upon calling Comcast they noted that they had made the mistake and corrected it and brought it down to a reasonable fee. 
I resent the fact that I have to continue to call Comcast for adjustments when the left hand of the billing dept. doesn't  know what the right hand is doing.
A couple of years ago, I had direct pay through my checking account.  They made a huge error on my bill one month and withdrew almost $225 from my checking account when my bill was only $70.  I told them
NOT to take that amount of money out of my checking account, it was an error on their part and they did it anyway.  I immediately stopped my automatic withdrawals because I couldn't trust Comcast with my checking account any longer. 
I am really getting turned off by Comcast.  They need to get their act together.
Regular Contributor

Well,  I can certainly attest to the fact that the right hand definately does not know what the left hand is doing at Comcast.

When I was doing research and trying to get my questions answered by Comcast about the details of the Premier Triple Play Bundle... everytime I called, I got a different answer !

It took me at least a month of collecting info to finally become comfortable enough to order the package.

So I can sympathize with all that you have been through.

So far, so good with my service....  other than the call history....  like everyone else says... it is pretty messed up.

Many calls are not shown on the call history, when I KNOW they have been made.

I have not really tried many of the other features yet....  I did return call a couple if times with no problem.

The caller ID leaves something to be desired, but I think it's as good as it gets with ANY provider.

The "BIG" question is still what my bill will look like.  I have not getten a bill yet since my installation.

I hope it's not loaded down with excess and unexplained charges.

I already had Digital Cable and HSI too, really only added the phone service.

I am aware that I will be charged $29.95 for the "Installation" and a $3.00/month phone modem rental.

Other than that,  it better NOT be any higher.

I almost think they work it out so you don't get the first bill until AFTER your 30 days is up where you can cancel the service.

Tim
Regular Contributor

The $29.95 installation and $3.00 modem rental is all that I see.  Except for the pro-rated amounts, as I mentioned above. If you look at your previous bills they always bill you a month ahead. E.g., if your billing cycle is from the 10th of the month to the 9th of the following month, then you'll see that in the bill you received in mid-late June you were billed for July 10 to Aug 9. So depending on the date of your installtion, you will be billed for the next month at the promotional rate plus any equipment rental costs: modem, DVR or HD Digital box(es), etc.  And of course the usual taxes and fees.  Plus the first month they bill you for the cost of the services from your installtion date till the 9th of the month your previous bill ended. They then credit you the amount you had pre-paid for that period also.  So you might get a little back if your or pay a little extra depending on how much you had previously in the way of packages, premium channels, etc. Plus the portion of the month that you had Comcast Digital Voice, since that part didn't exist on your bills before.  The CDV pro-rated portion will probably make this bill a little higher than it will normally be from next month on.

At least that's how it looks to me. I pretty much already knew I was losing some phone features by switching, and I also had discovered that the call logs, forwarding and the like was not handled well at all, so that isn't a surprise.  It still is shocking when you see how poorly they have attempted to implement those features, though!

Having a real, working E911 was one reason I switched from V_n_ge.  I had tested the previous E911 service with my county's Emergency Communication Director and it did not work consistently, which is not good.  I hadn't worried too much about that previously, but now I have both my daughters' children here a lot of days by myself, and being disabled concerned me as to being able to get help if one of them got hurt here.  The County Director, whom I know well, insisted that the Comcast system wasn't a VoIP phone system. I convinced him it indeed was and asked why he thought otherwise, and he told me that the Comcast Digital Voice 911 calls come in almost completely indistinguishable from the old-fashioned POTS 911 calls. He said most dispatchers could not tell the difference, but that a Comcast rep had showed him a way to know the difference. Otherwise he said it worked exactly like the old Verizon 911. That gave me some confidence. Comcast is to be applauded at least for that feature. And that is truly the only safety-related feature a phone has. Also, I upload a good amount of digital photos to my web account and with the other VoIP service a heavy upload of photos would sometimes make the phone service unusable. Now I have the higher speed internet and the larger upload speed, plus the photo uploads don't have any impact at all on my phone service. Uploading a few hindred photos used to take several hours; that's too long to disrupt the other phone service. Now it doesn't affect it plus the photos take less than half as long.

I'm pretty happy with that! I hope you like it as much.

Jim