Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do you erase missed, dialed and recieved calls

New Poster

How do you erase missed, dialed and recieved calls

Want to erase all phone call records, how is this done.

Cable Expert

Re: How do you erase missed, dialed and recieved c

If your talking about the online listings for place, missed and answered call logs, you can't. 

They roll off sometime after 90 days or more depending on how many there are.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

like to know the same thing. have 95 saved messages and dont know how to erase all at once., messages full now cant receive important messages from hospital.PLEASE HELP  THANK YOU

Contributor

My sentiments;  This has been a thorn in everyones side for many years now.  Yes, the calls, "missed, placed, answered" roll off in so many days only for new ones to appear and replace them.   Apparently,  Xfinity/Comcast does not pay any attention to their forums because this issue has never been resolved and appears as it will never likely be resolved. 

Good luck, and unless someone out there has a connection to a higher authority to fix this issue, then it will just be a forum complaint and nothing else.  Woman Frustrated

Problem Solver

The missed, placed and answered calls are automatically recorded and are kept for 90 days.  Old ones roll off and new ones are recorded.  Any "space"used is not counted in your quota so there is no burden to the customer.  It is just a feature that is available and has no burden on your service.  This has nothing to do with the "messages" or voice mail.  If you can't recieve new voice mails because your voice mail box is full, you CAN delete those.

Problem Solver

dwingsman wrote:

like to know the same thing. have 95 saved messages and dont know how to erase all at once., messages full now cant receive important messages from hospital.PLEASE HELP  THANK YOU

in the header portion of the message window there should be a little box on the left side.  Clicking on this will check all messages visible so you don't have to select them individually.  Then just delete the messages in bulk.

Contributor

Thanks, I understand it has nothing to do with voicemail.  I also never set up a voicemail account in the past four years.  But in the last few months I discovered one had been set up for me.  After getting that staightened out, because I have always had an answering machine and now, thankfully have a blank screen on my voice mail acct. 

But as I mentioned, my calls/placed/answered and missed are still in view and my thought I should still be looking at a blank screen as I do not want any calls being posted in my email acct center,  plain and simple.  I don't care if they are rolled over or not and only 250 can be saved at one time.  It's just a complete and total aggravation.

New Poster

Why can't I erase messages that I've read?  NO DELETE KEY!!