Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I stop my phone messages from going to Voice Mail?

Regular Visitor

How do I stop my phone messages from going to Voice Mail?

I have Comcast phone service but never did anything with Voice Mail. 

I just discovered many old phone messages listed in voice mail that had never apperared on my home answering machine het when I call my number from another phone and leave a message, there is no choice of where to leave it and the message appears on my home answering machine not on the Voice Mail list.

How have these old messages I now have on Voice Mail gone there instead of my home answering machine?  How do I stop this from happening again?

I called Comcast and was told I have to dial *99 on my phone to make these changes.  I did that and could find nothing on *99 that seemed to relate in any way to this problem.

How do I stop phone messages from bypassing my phone answering machine and ending up on Voice Mail?

Bruce  Pusch

New Poster

Re: How do I stop my phone messages from going to Voice Mail?

You have to call comcast directly & tell them you don't want your voice mail on your home phone & they will turn it off for you.