Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

How do I block numbers on my land line

New Poster

How do I block numbers on my land line

I used to be able to block phone numbers on my landline account.  Where did the information go to?  I have a number I want to block from calling my landline.  What do I do?

Regular Visitor

Re: How do I block numbers on my land line

Go here..https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice

You can also check EBay for "Sentry Call Blocker"...this thing works 100% of the time on robocallers.

Problem Solver

Log onto your account
Select Preferences
Select Voice
Select Call Blocking
Selective Calls Rejection (SCR)

You can create a list of up to 25 numbers that will be told you are not presently accepting calls

Expert

schmitt35 wrote:

I used to be able to block phone numbers on my landline account.  Where did the information go to?  I have a number I want to block from calling my landline.  What do I do?

Please review the following link for Call Screening ( Call Blocking) instructions:  https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Regular Contributor

New Poster

Doesn't work.  I don't even see these itms when I log into my account.  It just shows email.

Expert

PTA1 wrote:

Doesn't work.  I don't even see these itms when I log into my account.  It just shows email.

You must be the primary account holder in order to view these items or a secondary account holder who the primary has granted permissions.  Call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 to begin the dialogue with a CSR about your issue.

New Poster

You now have to pay $19.95 per month to block calls on Comcast where you use to get it free!

New Poster

I tried that and I only have 8 numbers in there and i wont let me add more ??

Regular Visitor

Schmitt35.  I was having the same problem, and online wasn't working, it wouldn't let me delete or add numbers,  After speaking with a comcast tech for over 30 minutes when she finally understood what I was asking all you have to do is from the dial tone enter * (star) 60.  I haven't done this for so long I forgot  myself.  You simply dial *60, and follow the prompts, problem solved.  

Regular Visitor

It's still free, just dial *60 and follow the prompts.  You can add 25 numbers free.  I can't believe the forum or comcast techs couldn't resolve this issue without all their technical talk, when all they had to say is dial *60 and follow the prompts.  Keep it simple comcast.  

Expert

sharla_b wrote:

It's still free, just dial *60 and follow the prompts.  You can add 25 numbers free.  I can't believe the forum or comcast techs couldn't resolve this issue without all their technical talk, when all they had to say is dial *60 and follow the prompts.  Keep it simple comcast.  

See this link for the instructions for Call Screening:  https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening/

Frequent Visitor

To activate Call Screening:
  1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *60.
  3. A menu of options will guide you through this feature. The prompts will allow you to activate and deactivate the feature, and add, delete, or review the numbers on your list.
Expert

Topic now being closed.