Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How can I send all calls directly to voicemail?

New Poster

How can I send all calls directly to voicemail?

There are times when I would like calls to go directly to voicemail with no ringing at all, and preferably I'd be able to do this from the phone instead of online. Basically I want to set the  number of rings to 0 for a while. How can I do this? Thanks

Problem Solver

Re: How can I send all calls directly to voicemail

--

There are two options for this.

Option 1:

To set all calls to go straight to voicemail you can change the number of rings by going to www.xfinity.comcast.net . In the voice tab, go into your preferences and you should see call manger functions for voicemail and you can set your number of rings to 2.

Option 2:

If you only have certain numbers you wish to go straight to voicemail you can activate your call screening by dialing *60 from your comcast phone and following the prompts.

With call screening you can block up to 12 phone numbers and they will hear a polite message saying you are not receiving calls at this time.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

Thank you, but those two solutions are not entirely what I want. 

Ideally I'd be able to press keystrokes on the phone to send all calls to voicemail for a period of time, then another set to turn that function off. This would be fast and easy. 

Solution #1 requires that I log in to the website, which takes time, and then I can set it to a minimum of 2 rings. This is not what I want, and it's too time consuming. 

Solution #2 is also not what I want because I'm looking for something that works for all calls during a period of time, not for specific phone numbers. 

Can this request be forwarded to the appropriate enhancement requests for future updates to the phone features? I think it's a worthwhile addition. 

Thank you.

Problem Solver

---

I do apologize but the options provided are the way our features work and quicker than calling into customer care and speaking with a representative to complete the task.

I have escalated your feedback to my supervisor, You can also send feedback by following this link http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

If this link does not work simply go to www.comcast.com-select on customers-select on contact us-option 6 for feedback.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-