Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How To Turn Off Xfinity Call ID On My Cell Phone

New Poster

How To Turn Off Xfinity Call ID On My Cell Phone

My wife uses Xfinity home phone for her business. Every phone call made to her I receive the Xfinity Caller ID alert on my business cell phone that states Incoming Call, Caller ID phone number with option to Call, Text or Dismiss. We don't know how this was activated. My wife was on the phone with Comcast support three days without an answer to turn it off. Even when a field technician was at our house he had no help. It has been very annoying!

Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

Re: How To Turn Off Xfinity Call ID On My Cell Pho

As a starting point to try and track down where the settings are that result in your home phone calls ringing in on your cell phone, do you have the Xfinity Connect App installed on your cell phone?

New Poster

Yes it does, I tried turning off the call forward off but it doesn't save it.

Valued Contributor

Ok, then the other way to try and stop the calls from being forwarded to your cell phone would be to log into the Xfinity web site and once logged in select the My Account option and select Settings from there.  On the page you are taken to, on the left hand side, select the Voice option which should display information about your phone service.  Under the Voice Service Details heading select the box to the right of your phone number and this should open up a page displaying the voice mails, etc. where you can then select in the upper right hand corner the little cog like icon and choose Settings which will take you to the Voice Preferences page where you can edit the Advance Call Forwarding option and uncheck the Xfinity Connect App option.  These instructioins are from the new my account format so if you aren't on that format yet hopefully there is enough information in here to get you to the point you can navigate to the area to change the setting.

Hope this helps you out.

New Poster

Yes that corrected it and took care of that annoying issue. It started the very same day I received my replacement cell phone months ago. So when the Xfinity Connect App loaded onto my new phone it must have activated the call forward. I only use it for email and the home voice phone is my wife's business line. Wow that was extremely helpful. Thank you so much.

Valued Contributor

I am glad that the information helped you get the resolution you sought Smiley Happy