Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

House phone not working

New Poster

House phone not working

I recently switched home phone service to comcast.  They issued me a phone number over a month ago.  I just hooked up everything last week.  I have a dial tone and I can make calls but i cannot receive calls.  When I try calling the house phone it tells me the number is not in service but yet when i talk to comcast it shows it as active.  I am being told it could be a couple of days before someone can get to me.  Any ideas on what I can try next?

Service Expert

Re: House phone not working

nanabirdlady wrote:

I recently switched home phone service to comcast.  They issued me a phone number over a month ago.  I just hooked up everything last week.  I have a dial tone and I can make calls but i cannot receive calls.  When I try calling the house phone it tells me the number is not in service but yet when i talk to comcast it shows it as active.  I am being told it could be a couple of days before someone can get to me.  Any ideas on what I can try next?

Di you try to reboot the modem?  Pull the power and then plug back in.... allow it ti reinitialize and then check your services again..... if that doesn't work you will definitely need the Tech onsite.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

Re: House phone not working

nanabirdlady wrote:

What @geek46 recommended can help with the issue you described. Has this continued for you? -FC  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon