Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Home phone

New Poster

Home phone

I'm not in at the momonet please leave your name and phone number and I will return your call.

Regular Visitor

Re: Home phone

Several people told me that yesterday when they tried to phone me they got a message saying that my number was no longer in service.  Could you please check that out for me?  I do not want that happening................

New Poster

My home telephone service is not working properly.  I get a dial tone, however, when I dial a number and wait for the connection, I receive a rapid busy tone.  Also, when I call my home number from another phone, I hear that the number is not in service.  I noticed at least one other person posted this problem.  I contacted Comcast.  I was given an "escalation confirmation",  and was told that the problem would be passed on to better qualified technical personnel. 

New Poster

I'm having the same problem as the other people who posted on this message board. I have no dial tone and when you call my number I get a message that says mailbox number you are trying to reach is not in service good bye. Is there an outage in my area? I'm at work so I can't reset the router.
Email Expert
Moved:

New Poster

I have been having the same problem ever since I switched to Xfinity last year. The internet and TV work great but my phone does not receive calls. The person calling is told that my number is no longer in service. I have logged several service calls and it still isn't resolved. I can call out just fine but don't receive calls. At least I don't get all the telemarketer calls but I do miss a lot of important calls.

Frequent Visitor

I wish to report a fault on my phone also.  The fault occurred about 2 weeks ago when I had a power outage.  When the power was restored, my television and computer restarted, but my phone did not.  An error message appeared on the visual part of the phone stating " out of range or no pwr at base".  I have performed the perfunctory tests (connections, etc.) to no avail.

I must state that I am physically homebound and at most times the telephone is my only contact with the outside.

Oh and i sent away for batteries for my AT&T phone but that did not cure the problem, also plugged my phone in at various places in the house to see if it worked.  It didn't Smiley Sad.

Thank you

C.B.

New Poster

Our Internet and tv is working fine, but we cannot use our phone. When we make a call, we can hear the party on the other end, but they cannot hear us.